Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Start Making ALL Tools Sold in USA - MADE IN USA!!!!!!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Start Making ALL Tools Sold in USA - MADE IN USA!!!!!!

Slight correction; no union in Elyria, and Fred is not the CEO of Ridge Tool. He is the President of the Ridge Tool Company division of parent company Emerson.

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
    You need to do a little better job of checking your facts. Along with others I have visited the Ridgid Headquarters and factory 3-times in the last 4-years. The employees (Union) told us they make above scale because Ridgid pays production bonuses over scale.

During our visits our money was no good because Ridgid paid for everything including all meals and entertainment. The CEO is very involved with everything and was with us for pretty much everything we did. He is probably the most accessible CEO I have ever meet. The last two gatherings were open to all Ridgid customers without restrictions. Many of us are much closer today after meeting in person at Ridgid.

Mark
    Steve
    www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

Originally posted by smorris View Post
      Slight correction; no union in Elyria, and Fred is not the CEO of Ridge Tool. He is the President of the Ridge Tool Company division of parent company Emerson.

I may have misunderstood what he said by how he phrased it but he definitely said he was making over Union scale with production.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I may have misunderstood what he said by how he phrased it but he definitely said he was making over Union scale with production.

Mark
        Might very well be making more than a union guy in an equivalent job, as there are a lot of union shops in northern Ohio to compare with. Just that Ridge Tool isn't one of them. Doesn't mean they don't pay well. Every few years the union guys used to come and set up shop just outside the parking lots to see if the employees wanted to vote to go union. Never was even close as I heard it. Haven't seen them back for many years now.

If you were in the group that went to Erie, the shop guys up there are union.
        Steve
        www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

You need to do a little better job of checking your facts. Along with others I have visited the Ridgid Headquarters and factory 3-times in the last 4-years. The employees (Union) told us they make above scale because Ridgid pays production bonuses over scale.

During our visits our money was no good because Ridgid paid for everything including all meals and entertainment. The CEO is very involved with everything and was with us for pretty much everything we did. He is probably the most accessible CEO I have ever meet. The last two gatherings were open to all Ridgid customers without restrictions. Many of us are much closer today after meeting in person at Ridgid.

Mark
          Perhaps I'm missing the point but I don't see how your experience visiting Ridgid or their executives has anything to do with woodchuck's comment. The pay to US Ridge employees may say that they are not being exploited, but that isn't the issue in this thread.... what about the Chinese workers making the power tools? American firms offshoring production exploit exploit low labor cost, they escape payroll taxes, EPA, OSHA, paid benefits costs such as health insurance, liability insurance requirements, and worker's comp requirements that all would be applicable to a US workforce.

Some companies exploit these advantages to remain competitive. Others do it to increase their profit margin. Either way it's exploitation - defined as taking advantage of the situation for one's own benefit.

In the US, we have overall one of the best educated, most productive workforces in the world. We have the financial and technological resources to design and construct state of the art modern factories.

Yet we are having our heads handed to us by others that have relatively uneducated, unskilled to semi-skilled workforces... and essentially no legacy or historical knowledge of manufacturing or production methods.

How can this be?

Could it be because those making the decisions have determined that they can make higher profits with less investment and risk by exploiting - and hence funding the development of - other workforce rather than American workforce? American dollars are building the modern factories that are creating the growth and increased wealth of China and others. And WE are the ones TEACHING them how to do it.

I suggest that the group that is being exploited MOST HEAVILY in all this is not the Chinese labor force. It is the American consuming public. Your dollars go primarily to two places. One is the offshore manufacturer. The other is the corporate coffers.

Your Government isn't benefitting by increased tax revenue form all this growth becasue it isn't happening here. As a result YOU are going to see higher taxes and fewer services. Including Social Security and Medicare. The situation is essentially taking value away from you... money out of your wallet.

And of course, no money is going into developing or maintaining American industry. This means that few jobs are being directly created from industrial production. Well, not here, anyway.

Figure the cost of these things into the equation when you're determining whether to buy the cheap imported product or the costlier USA item. Is the import really a better deal? Or just a better deal if we look at the PRICE only - with blinders on for the rest of the TRUE costs?

There is no incentive for Companies to produce in the US currently. For those of you that may not have direct experience with Corporations, their objective is very simple... "maximize the shareholder's equity". This means, make as much as fast as possible and get the stock to go up. Any top exec that doesn't do this WILL GET CANNED. They are not bad people. They are simply doing their job within the RULES OF THE GAME.

The problem is that the RULES OF THE GAME need to change. Government isn't doing this. It's not a party thing... neither party is moving in any sort of direction to solve this.

The DEMOs are shooting at the wrong target. Trillion dollar stimuli won't work... they're not creating vital, healthy industries to employ Americans on a continuing basis. They're just increasing the debt burden and our reliance on foreign (mostly Chinese) investment.

The REPUBs are stuck in their antiquated and ineffective notion that business needs to be left alone and the rest will take care of itself. This was true before the advent of a significant global industrial economy... it's a failure today because it ignores the reality of globalization... the strategy employed to generate the best profits results in growth - but unfortunately, it's growth OF SOMEONE ELSE'S ECONOMY.

BOTH parties allow the Federal Reserve to continue its ruinous policies since apparently no one in Congress or the White House paid attention to their economics classes.

Neither party is working in your interest. Both, as I'm sure you have all noticed, look like deer in the headlights over the issue of this economy.

All of us are being exploited with every dollar we spend.

Just say "no".
          Last edited by Andy_M; 09-16-2010, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X