Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Start Making ALL Tools Sold in USA - MADE IN USA!!!!!!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start Making ALL Tools Sold in USA - MADE IN USA!!!!!!

Hi,

My name is Joseph and I have been using RIDGID tools since I was around 16. I am now 36. I wanted to submit a formal suggestion to RIDGID Tools.

I figured this was the right place since its titled:

"Give us your tool ideas"

Okay, here's my idea,

Start making all the components of the Seesnake Line and all other tools that are not made in the USA here right in the USA.

Nothing that is made from other countries or produced in other counties should be sold in USA Stores.

SO for an example if a Seesnake micro is sold here in the USA, the box, the camera, the plastic all should be made and manufactured here in the USA.

I mean ,

• Americans are smart and can make camera eyes etc.
    • Americans need more jobs and believed in RIDGID since day one as its an American started company.
    • Americans are world leaders in technology and building things with quality.
    So with all that said,

What do you say RIDGID?

Lets bring all the manufacturing home to the good OLE USA!

I look forward to RIDGID'S feedback on this matter, Thanks so much for listening.

Joseph

BTW - I still love the tools, I just think Americans should build the tools for the people of America.

Re: Start Making ALL Tools Sold in USA - MADE IN USA!!!!!!

I doubt you could afford to buy a SeeSnake Micro where everything was built in the USA. For Ridgid to do as you suggest would be the end of Ridgid's ability to compete in today's market. If Ridgid cannot compete, you would also see all of the tools Ridgid currently builds in the US disappear and you will be stuck with buying inferior tools.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
      I doubt you could afford to buy a SeeSnake Micro where everything was built in the USA. For Ridgid to do as you suggest would be the end of Ridgid's ability to compete in today's market. If Ridgid cannot compete, you would also see all of the tools Ridgid currently builds in the US disappear and you will be stuck with buying inferior tools.

Mark

I don't understand what you mean by

"Ridgid's ability to compete in today's market"

There is 25% unemployment is some states a a NEW TAX CREDIT

That gives business like RIDGID an incentive of $5k per worker....

Could you elaborate more on this:

What exactly does that mean?

Sorry, I am dumb,......

Comment

BTW -

A seesnake micro is $250

An average plumber's service call is over $125 an hour.....

Two service calls it's paid for.........

Ridgid 31123 SeeSnake Micro 9.5mm Inspection Camera
        $252.90 new - Amazon.com

MAYBE they just need to raise the price a bit more?

I bet that would also help the handyman talking the work thing too, as ONLY PRO's could afford PRO tools. Kinda like the old days, when you had to work for a business, not just fiance one with payments......

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingSkool View Post
          I don't understand what you mean by

There is 25% unemployment is some states a a NEW TAX CREDIT

That gives business like RIDGID an incentive of $5k per worker....

Could you elaborate more on this:

What exactly does that mean?

Sorry, I am dumb,......
          The ability to increase the size of your payroll has little to do with being able to sell your product.

Mark

Comment

BTW -

A seesnake micro is $250

An average plumber's service call is over $125 an hour.....

Two service calls it's paid for.........

Ridgid 31123 SeeSnake Micro 9.5mm Inspection Camera
            $252.90 new - Amazon.com

MAYBE they just need to raise the price a bit more?

I bet that would also help the handyman talking the work thing too, as ONLY PRO's could afford PRO tools. Kinda like the old days, when you had to work for a business, not just fiance one with payments......
            All you have to do is read the forums on this site to understand today's market. Many here often complain about the price of real SeeSnake stuff which is built in the USA. There are those buying South Coast Equipment, East Cam and others saying they are starter cameras because they cannot afford the made in the USA SeeSnakes.

Using your example of the micro at Amazon for $252.90 I'm sure you noticed Milwaukee's Spectrum camera is $99 now and Streetwise cameras are $129. All three are made in China. How is Ridgid suppose to compete with the 2-cheaper cameras if they increase their price $200 or so to make everything "Made in the USA". Ridgid makes a more durable professional and versatile camera in their microExplorer. From your personal experience, why didn't you spend the extra $500 for the microExplorer? It is likely the price had a lot to do with your decision.

Mark
            Last edited by ToUtahNow; 03-21-2010, 05:30 PM.

Comment

The ability to increase the size of your payroll has little to do with being able to sell your product.

Mark

Not sure what that means, but If you have a product, and it doesn't sell at a price point that empowers the local community or states , then what good is it?

So let's cut right to the chase and say what we mean here, CHINA exploits children and women who make these tools, therefore your earlier statement could have been correct because the reason that China can produce it cheaper is because they treat their people like crap.

So if RIDGID produced all tools in the USA according to your statement above they would not be profitable.....Okay....I can deal with that.

But lets take it to the next level. The place where no one wants to go.

Let's talk about PROFIT ,

So lets say RIDGID says; Okay, Joseph, You're right, We're going to shut down all China plants and build everything in the USA.

6 Months later RIDGID is in the negative, the company is falling apart, shareholders are loosing money, product forecasting is all wrong and has been for months, there about to file for chapter 8 / 13 whatever it is these days....

Okay, lets take it from there.....

What went wrong?

Where American's to greedy and wanted to much pay?

Where they not showing up for work, or when they did they were on facebook, twitter all day?

Where they hired as CEO's, CFO's, Logistic consultants etc, just because daddy spent 168k on a Ivy league degree so that Jr, could have it better then dad, but in the real world, working up in the ranks builds CEO's and successful companies, not scholarships or buying a degree.

So, explain to me,

What would be the "factor"

Why would RIdgid not be able to profit in the USA?

That's the answer we need to figure out,

ALL of us. RIDGID, The factory worker, the tool buyer, the UPS man, This out-sourcing affects all of us who have real families.

Listen, Mark, Think about the trade shows, think about the RIDGID round up last year and how dis-appointed some of you we're because many failed to show up....

You know why? We're broke man, American is poor and living from day to day.

Sure, some of you have had a better time, but LOTS of us (and I KNOW, cause I talk to fella;s on the phone all day long) are really poor man,

And some good guys too with some REAL skills. Forget my me, think of the rest of the country for a second. I can name 10 guys on this forum alone that are ready to work but have none.....

Wake up man, we're poor...........WE NEED RIDGID TO COME HOME!

Comment

Joesph, nothing wrong with raising the price on tools, as i already own enough for years to come

but unless everyone else is raising the price, ridgid will have a difficult time to sell to the newer, younger guys.

there's a fine line between price, and quality. difficult to get both the highest quality at the lowest price. we all know that ridgid is typically the highest quality, but we also know that they are not the lowest price.

so unless they want to cater to just the select few that want the rolls royce of plumbing tools and can afford the rolls royce too, it would be a very limited market.

now go clean up the limo, i've got a job to get too

rick
                phoebe it is

Comment

Not sure what that means, but If you have a product, and it doesn't sell at a price point that empowers the local community or states , then what good is it?

So let's cut right to the chase and say what we mean here, CHINA exploits children and women who make these tools, therefore your earlier statement could have been correct because the reason that China can produce it cheaper is because they treat their people like crap.

So if RIDGID produced all tools in the USA according to your statement above they would not be profitable.....Okay....I can deal with that.

But lets take it to the next level. The place where no one wants to go.

Let's talk about PROFIT ,

So lets say RIDGID says; Okay, Joseph, You're right, We're going to shut down all China plants and build everything in the USA.

6 Months later RIDGID is in the negative, the company is falling apart, shareholders are loosing money, product forecasting is all wrong and has been for months, there about to file for chapter 8 / 13 whatever it is these days....

Okay, lets take it from there.....

What went wrong?

Where American's to greedy and wanted to much pay?

Where they not showing up for work, or when they did they were on facebook, twitter all day?

Where they hired as CEO's, CFO's, Logistic consultants etc, just because daddy spent 168k on a Ivy league degree so that Jr, could have it better then dad, but in the real world, working up in the ranks builds CEO's and successful companies, not scholarships or buying a degree.

So, explain to me,

What would be the "factor"

Why would RIdgid not be able to profit in the USA?

That's the answer we need to figure out,

ALL of us. RIDGID, The factory worker, the tool buyer, the UPS man, This out-sourcing affects all of us who have real families.

Listen, Mark, Think about the trade shows, think about the RIDGID round up last year and how dis-appointed some of you we're because many failed to show up....

You know why? We're broke man, American is poor and living from day to day.

Sure, some of you have had a better time, but LOTS of us (and I KNOW, cause I talk to fella;s on the phone all day long) are really poor man,

And some good guys too with some REAL skills. Forget my me, think of the rest of the country for a second. I can name 10 guys on this forum alone that are ready to work but have none.....

Wake up man, we're poor...........WE NEED RIDGID TO COME HOME!
                  You've got too many issues in your above post and I don't have time to address each one but basically, when a company is laying off due to slow sales how do they benefit by increasing the price of their product and hiring more employees.

It is easy to talk about others greed when you have no idea of what their cost of sales are. How would you like it if someone else came into your home and told you to cut 25% of your income because you could live on less.

Mark

Comment

All you have to do is read the forums on this site to understand today's market. Many here often complain about the price of real SeeSnake stuff which is built in the USA. There are those buying South Coast Equipment, East Cam and others saying they are starter cameras because they cannot afford the made in the USA SeeSnakes.

Using your example of the micro at Amazon for $252.90 I'm sure you noticed Milwaukee's Spectrum camera is $99 now and Streetwise cameras are $129. All three are made in China. How is Ridgid suppose to compete with the 2-cheaper cameras if they increase their price $200 or so to make everything "Made in the USA". Ridgid makes a more durable professional and versatile camera in their microExplorer.
                    From your personal experience, why didn't you spend the extra $500 for the microExplorer? It is likely the price had a lot to do with your decision.

Mark[/QUOTE]

I will answer that with: "think of the Germans",

BMW, AUDI , SAAB , MERCEDES....

How do they complete with Hyundai, Ford?

QUALITY BABY, 100% GAWD DAMN QUALITY! That's how...

Like Vince from "sham wow" says in the infomercial:

"Its german made , you know those guys make great stuff"

Remember in the 60's , 70's , and 80's when people used to say that about America?

Don't you miss that?

Can't RIDGID even give us American's one more try, I would work with no health insurance and sleep on a mat in a factory, just because I know that I built a tool with pride.

Because let me tell ya. you can strip a man of everything except his pride.

Ya, can you feel me just a little bit? Maybe?

Maybe RIDGID could just explain why China can produce it so cheap and we Americans can just adjust to that and everyone can win?

I mean, lets at least get some dialog going between RIDGID and the consumer who in the end is a family that needs a job.......

oh, and for this snippy comment

From your personal experience, why didn't you spend the extra $500 for the microExplorer? It is likely the price had a lot to do with your decision.

Mark

No, In fact money has nothing to do with it, J.C. the member here was selling one so I bought it.

Had nothing to do with money,

I just switched to a MAC microsoft went to crap.....so it's not a money thing.

Many people live by the code: "buy nice not twice" hence my German example above,.......

Still love ya, and trying to agree, just not yet

Comment

You've got too many issues in your above post and I don't have time to address each one but basically, when a company is laying off due to slow sales how do they benefit by increasing the price of their product and hiring more employees.
                      I got to many issues in life period, BUT your a smart guy with TONS of knowledge and the more I argue with you the more I learn. Probably cause my dad left when I was 12 and he left these things out in life, so I often use arguments with smart powerful men such as yourself as a good learning tool. Take it as a compliment, Oh! And when you have more time, come back and rip me apart more so I learn more Just don't tell anyone my secret way to learn

It is easy to talk about others greed when you have no idea of what their cost of sales are. How would you like it if someone else came into your home and told you to cut 25% of your income because you could live on less.

Mark

They would probably be right. I think I actually waste more money they I save. Not that it would be right of anyone to tell me what I had to spend , but if I lost 25% I could still survive easy.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                        Joesph, nothing wrong with raising the price on tools, as i already own enough for years to come

but unless everyone else is raising the price, ridgid will have a difficult time to sell to the newer, younger guys.

there's a fine line between price, and quality. difficult to get both the highest quality at the lowest price. we all know that ridgid is typically the highest quality, but we also know that they are not the lowest price.

so unless they want to cater to just the select few that want the rolls royce of plumbing tools and can afford the rolls royce too, it would be a very limited market.

now go clean up the limo, i've got a job to get too

rick
                        RICK,

You're actually my idol

ME LOVE YOU, lonnnng time

Comment

I will answer that with: "think of the Germans",

BMW, AUDI , SAAB , MERCEDES....

How do they complete with Hyundai, Ford?

QUALITY BABY, 100% GAWD DAMN QUALITY! That's how...
                          Horrible example, Ford is the forth largest car manufacturer and Diamer AG is the thirteenth largest car manufacturer. Remember when it went from Daimler Benz to Daimler-Chrysler? Guess what, Chrysler was losing money and had to sell off Mercedes to save Chrysler. So the short answer is Mercedes can't compete with Ford [/QUOTE]

Had nothing to do with money
                          It sounds like you are saying you purchased your micro because you had the opportunity to buy a used one from a member. Unless you paid full pop for it it sounds like money was a factor. That still does not answer the question of why you have not spent the $750 to buy the professional grade microExplorer camera.

Mark

Comment

Horrible example, Ford is the forth largest car manufacturer and Diamer AG is the thirteenth largest car manufacturer. Remember when it went from Daimler Benz to Daimler-Chrysler? Guess what, Chrysler was losing money and had to sell off Mercedes to save Chrysler. So the short answer is Mercedes can't compete with Ford

Oh, don't remember that, but, you are factually correct ;-)

+1 for you ! And I just learned something, so thank you as well.

See this can be fun

It sounds like you are saying you purchased your micro because you had the opportunity to buy a used one from a member. Unless you paid full pop for it it sounds like money was a factor. That still does not answer the question of why you have not spent the $750 to buy the professional grade microExplorer camera.

Mark

I am not rich and do make under 100k a year, but no, J.C. was just selling it and I saw it and bought it on impulse, never used it and gave it away to some dude, that came to my house and fixed my car in my driveway, some mobile mechanic guy as a tip, but then I saw it on Craigslist in my local area, so guess he didn't have a need for it.

Well, thanks for more education. Hopefully, you will teach me more soon

Love ya man, Give me a ring sometime, You still have my number right?

Comment

Oh, don't remember that, but, you are factually correct ;-)

+1 for you ! And I just learned something, so thank you as well.

See this can be fun

I am not rich and do make under 100k a year, but no, J.C. was just selling it and I saw it and bought it on impulse, never used it and gave it away to some dude, that came to my house and fixed my car in my driveway, some mobile mechanic guy as a tip, but then I saw it on Craigslist in my local area, so guess he didn't have a need for it.

Well, thanks for more education. Hopefully, you will teach me more soon

Love ya man, Give me a ring sometime, You still have my number right?
                              That was the point I was trying to make. It generally is about money when you break down all of the fact. I wish I could buy all "Made in USA" materials but the reality is many of those products cannot be built in the USA because of issues like labor costs (now add new Health Care mandate costs), EPA regs, real estate costs and many other reasons.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                              X