X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Told ya

Almost a year ago I suggested that RIDGID develop a inductive charging system similar to the then new PowerMat system but for cordless powertools, even if it meant licensing the technology from PowerMat.

Well, we don't know if RIDGID (or should I say TTI) ever thought about the possibility or even if its under development, let alone IF RIDGID will be offering a charging system like the PowerMat. BUT, what we do know is that Bosch will soon be doing just that, probably within a year.

The WOOD magazine community blog has more on the subject and other new Bosch tools soon to hit the market.

Snoozers are loosers.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Re: Told ya

Your suggestion probably went to the same office as all of my LLSA registration paperwork... no where. I sent the first one in 2005, still waiting.

Comment

Yeah, true. I don't understand why they are so inconsistent with the LLSA registrations. Some times its mere weeks and other times you never hear back from them.

If your (RIDGID/TTI) gonna use the LLSA as a meaningful sales incentive to justify your higher price, and not just some bait and switch tactic, you gotta follow through on the registrations.
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      ---------
      ---------

Comment

I think by now most of us understand that Ridgid has had no plan to compete with the technology, and diverse tool offering of Ryobi, DeWalt, Bosch, Milwaukee and others. I'm not knocking Ridgid, it is their choice and we can't buy something they don't make. My five piece 18volt Ridgid nicad set is still going strong after several years of homeowner/DIY'r use. Had Ridgid decided to offer the 18volt grinder, 1/2" heavy duty impact and some other cordless tools myself and others would have gladly purchased them.

If I was to make a cordless tool kit purchase now, I would probably go with DeWalt or Milwaukee.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
          I think by now most of us understand that Ridgid has had no plan to compete with the technology, and diverse tool offering of Ryobi, DeWalt, Bosch, Milwaukee and others. I'm not knocking Ridgid, it is their choice and we can't buy something they don't make. My five piece 18volt Ridgid nicad set is still going strong after several years of homeowner/DIY'r use. Had Ridgid decided to offer the 18volt grinder, 1/2" heavy duty impact and some other cordless tools myself and others would have gladly purchased them.

If I was to make a cordless tool kit purchase now, I would probably go with DeWalt or Milwaukee.
          I agree with your frustrations, but ive read a few dewalt owner posts asking for and complaining about tools that other companies have too. The tool color is always brighter on the other side. I have 2 cordless tool brands and 4 different chargers, such is life!

Comment

Well, I just got a peek at the soon to come out Ryobi 1/2" impact wrench. Don't know what the specs will be, but chance are they will be less than Milwaukee and DeWalt. Price should be very reasonable, and if it puts out at least 200 ft lbs of torque, I'd pick one up. Sure would have been nice to have one by Ridgid.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
              Well, I just got a peek at the soon to come out Ryobi 1/2" impact wrench. Don't know what the specs will be, but chance are they will be less than Milwaukee and DeWalt. Price should be very reasonable, and if it puts out at least 200 ft lbs of torque, I'd pick one up. Sure would have been nice to have one by Ridgid.
              Was it 18V One+ or corded?

Comment

One+ 18V
                ---------------
                ---------------
                ---------
                ---------

Comment

Working...
                X