X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-50 improvement

I'd like to see the "powers that be for Ridgid", take a long hard look at redesigning the legs for the K-50. The rubbers last a few months before they are either missing, or ripped. The metal part in the front that holds the cutters is a nice idea, but before long it's bent, and you're losing your cutters.

Now with all of that said..some of it is our error. It's kind of hard for me to strap it anywhere on my truck, and if I lay it down, before long it's sliding everywhere.

Other than that..the K-50 is a solid machine and a favorite for us.

Re: K-50 improvement

First thing I do to my K-50 rubbers for the legs is pull them off and put washers in them so the pipe will not cut through the rubber. They last a whole lot longer that way. I also keep my cutters in a small bin in my rodding bucket. I only use the bar in the front to hold the end of my cord after wrapping it around the machine.
    Last edited by SewerRatz; 07-19-2010, 08:17 PM.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
      First thing I do to my K-50 rubbers for the legs is pull them off and put washers in them so the pipe will not cut through the rubber. They last a whole lot longer that way. I also keep my butters in a small bin in my rodding bucket. I only use the bar in the front to hold the end of my cord after wrapping it around the machine.
      What kind of butters? Land O'lakes & Blue Bonnett?

J.C.

Comment

same here with the washers. i thought they actually came with them. i also use electrical tape to make sure they don't slip off.

afterall, they are just 7/8'' crutch tips. 50 cents each.

i like to store my extra cutters on the snap ring that comes with an insinkerator disposal flange mount. another emerson company

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Tennis Balls

just cut a slit in them and slide them on. They work wonders. I keep them in the tube that they come in and use them as needed in finished areas.

Especially nice for bathtubs and showers.

-Chris

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            same here with the washers. i thought they actually came with them. i also use electrical tape to make sure they don't slip off.

afterall, they are just 7/8'' crutch tips. 50 cents each.

i like to store my extra cutters on the snap ring that comes with an insinkerator disposal flange mount. another emerson company

rick.
            Now that a good idea for storing the cutters why didn`t I come up with it Rick ??

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
              Now that a good idea for storing the cutters why didn`t I come up with it Rick ??

Tony
              you need me to hand deliver some to you

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

I have a K-50 and it's still sitting down in my basement. Since I have the K-60 it does all my drain cleaning . I even hook up the 25' adapter that's made for the K-50 for tub and lav drains and it works like a charm. The other cool thing is I have the 15' guide hose and when I am cleaning small drains I can load up 15' at a time!

Comment

Working...
                X