O-erw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O-erw

This is a Open-End Ratchet Wrench (O-ERW Patent Pend.) designed to go over or around hydraulic lines, brake lines, or fuel lines etc., once attached to the flare nut or fastener, removed or installed by ratcheting.(Crude video can be seen at youtube.com, type in, OERW.)
    Once the flare nut has been tightened or removed, the mechanic pulls the top cover of the wrench back, releasing the Jaw, allowing for realignment for both openings, the mouth and the gate, and removal of the O-ERW.
    Is this something that RIDGID see's may have potenial?

Other's with comments or suggestions can email me at: kenoplastics@yahoo.com, my name is "Will".
    Attached Files
    Last edited by imbdw; 07-27-2010, 04:05 PM. Reason: Wrong Title

Re: O-erw

interesting design especially with the swivel/ pivot handle.

ridgid actually has a similar version which is a box wrench design that opens and ratchets. great for compression fittings and angle stops.

good luck with your pursuit.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Plumber Rick;

Is this what you had in mind? If not, could you send me a part number or photo?

Thanks.
      Attached Files

Comment

those are them.

other than the swivel handle, what makes yours a better must have tool

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Re: O-ERW

These tools are perfect for areas with access, you can get in and out with ease and their made for plumbing. Could you use this tool on your car or on a aircraft?

The O-ERW is "a must have tool", designed to get into those tight areas where access is limited, especially, hydraulic lines and fuel lines bunched together on a aircraft landing gear or engine.

The reality here is that the two tools are designed for different applications, mine are geared more toward aircraft, and cross over to automotive and home and garden.

Thanks.

Comment

both are nice tools

imbdw how does your tool do in dirt?
            IF you notice I work in agriculture as well and yes one tries to clean up sometime before working on it, same as in automotive, when dirt and gravel roads are the norm,
            but some times your pressure washer can only get some of it, many times the wrench finishes the job of knocking off dirt, and tools with fine intricate parts will fail to work for long,
            Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
            attributed to Samuel Johnson
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Unfortunately, I can't answer that question just yet, the O-ERW hasn't been fully tested, but I'm sure that once the O-ERW hits the market the Automotive version of the O-ERW would accommodate the rugged work load and conditions needed for your type of work environment.

As the O-ERW sits now, as a prototype, the tool has exceeded my expectations, I can assure you that this questions and others are being addressed, and I'll post them and photo's as soon as I get them.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

those are them.

other than the swivel handle, what makes yours a better must have tool

rick.
                I'm really liking the ridgid kit. Looks like that would work great for installing / changing out a dishwasher supply where the dishwasher is already set in place ..I have the Pasco wrench for installing angle valves .and that is sweet too but it only has 3/8" and 5/8" wrenches.Gotta get the kit.
                ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                X