X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi-battery charging dock

Lovely, i just typed a large post and i got logged out when i went to submit it.

Here we go again, a good friend of mine loves Ryobi, and i am a big Ridgid fan. But Ryobi has plenty of cordless tools and the best thing of all, a multi battery, six yes 6, batteries, lithium ion and non, of multiple voltages.

I am sure that myself, among many others would like to see this product for Ridgid batteries, say 4 slots for 9.6-24v li-ion batteries and non li-ion, and 2 slots for 12v li-ion batteries? I currently use my 18v and 12v tools all day, and almost always have 1 12v and 2 18v batteries (all li-ion), charging at any given time during the day. This takes up way too many outlets and is not convenient.

On a side note, why is it so hard for me to get jigsaw blades for my dual voltage jigsaw? i have to order them directly through Ridgid, as the blades are not universal, or i have not found any that will work in it.

The jobmax could use some Ridgid blades as well.

And hopefully, someone important from RIDGID will take this into consideration and actually look into making a multi battery charging port. Not to be an a$$, but i know most messages get sent to the chopping block, from other forums and such. Have a great day!

P.S., can i get some window decals and a RIDGID shirt? ill pay for them, but i would like a big decal for my truck haha

Re: Multi-battery charging dock

Originally posted by devonb.101 View Post
    Lovely, i just typed a large post and i got logged out when i went to submit it.

Here we go again, a good friend of mine loves Ryobi, and i am a big Ridgid fan. But Ryobi has plenty of cordless tools and the best thing of all, a multi battery, six yes 6, batteries, lithium ion and non, of multiple voltages.

I am sure that myself, among many others would like to see this product for Ridgid batteries, say 4 slots for 9.6-24v li-ion batteries and non li-ion, and 2 slots for 12v li-ion batteries? I currently use my 18v and 12v tools all day, and almost always have 1 12v and 2 18v batteries (all li-ion), charging at any given time during the day. This takes up way too many outlets and is not convenient.

On a side note, why is it so hard for me to get jigsaw blades for my dual voltage jigsaw? i have to order them directly through Ridgid, as the blades are not universal, or i have not found any that will work in it.

The jobmax could use some Ridgid blades as well.

And hopefully, someone important from RIDGID will take this into consideration and actually look into making a multi battery charging port. Not to be an a$$, but i know most messages get sent to the chopping block, from other forums and such. Have a great day!

P.S., can i get some window decals and a RIDGID shirt? ill pay for them, but i would like a big decal for my truck haha
    i believe the bosch blades sold at depot fit jig saw, the jobmax has adapter to fit most other blades, agree about charger, why does ryobi have like 5 tools ridgid doesnt, impact wrench, multi charger, trim router, grinder, battery fuel gague, etc. i dont get it

Comment

Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
      i believe the bosch blades sold at depot fit jig saw, the jobmax has adapter to fit most other blades, agree about charger, why does ryobi have like 5 tools ridgid doesnt, impact wrench, multi charger, trim router, grinder, battery fuel gague, etc. i dont get it
      Simple answer is they are messing with us! Maybe I'm paranoid but what are the chances, DeWalt, Bosch, Milwaukee, Ryobi and many others would have all these great tools, and Ridgid, the brand I purchased, Nothing!!!
      Oh, it's a conspiracy alright, there are no coincidences!!! Someone at Rigid must have been looking at all these other companies putting out all these useful cordless tools and said, "Nah, skip it, we don't have to compete".

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
        Simple answer is they are messing with us! Maybe I'm paranoid but what are the chances, DeWalt, Bosch, Milwaukee, Ryobi and many others would have all these great tools, and Ridgid, the brand I purchased, Nothing!!!
        Oh, it's a conspiracy alright, there are no coincidences!!! Someone at Rigid must have been looking at all these other companies putting out all these useful cordless tools and said, "Nah, skip it, we don't have to compete".
        somehow i knew you would end up on this thread.

Comment

somehow i knew you would end up on this thread.
          Once again, no coincidence.

Comment

I know about the jobmax adapter, but why cant ridgid sell their own blades? i mean, they do come with the tool, so why not sell them in the stores? I did find out that it is the jigsaw blades with the "T" shank, and not the "U", which is what i had originally bought.
            It would definately be nice for some of the tools that ryobi makes to be seen made by ridgid...

On another note, bought the 18v finish nailer, works wonderfully!

Comment

You mean something like this??

.....................This is where the 10C CREW multi-brand charger can save you time, which equals money. It can charge 4 batteries all from different manufacturers at the same time via special adapters (sold separately). It doesn't even matter if the battery types are different. It can tell the difference between Li-Ion, NiCd, and NiMh. It is compatible with most major brands, only with some of the newer Li-Ion types not yet having an adapter. But the company is in the process of getting the adapters certified. The 10C CREW can also detect bad batteries, and claims it "Revives up to 70% of batteries considered ready for recycling".
              The thing is over $300 however.. Yikes.

http://www.tool-rank.com/tool-blog/g...l-20081030283/
              We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

If I am looking at the correct manual for your saw (R833 18V/24V Max Select), on pg 8 it says it uses T-shank blades. On pg 9 it says it comes with two T-shank blades. These are available from a number of manufacturers but the Bosch blades are the best I think with the largest assortment. They are available at HD and many others places.
                ---------------
                Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                ---------------
                “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                ---------
                "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                ---------
                sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
                X