No announcement yet.

Question for Moderator...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys! This site isn't going anywhere. Granted there is currently some chaos and uncertainty in the air these days, and the parties involved could be communicating better...but we intend to keep this Forum going.

I agree that this topic doesn't get much attention from any official Ridgid representative, on either the plumbing or woodworking side of the house. Should we delete it? Or would you like to continue using it as a sounding board, and hope that we eventually bring it to the right person's attention?

Comment

Keep it!

Comment

I like TheWoodCellar.com Kelly.

Norm said "I agree that this topic doesn't get much attention from any official Ridgid representative, on either the plumbing or woodworking side of the house. Should we delete it? Or would you like to continue using it as a sounding board, and hope that we eventually bring it to the right person's attention?"

It seems Ridgid still doesn't get it, maybe Norm does,but Ridgid management doesn't. Should we STILL hope that it is eventually brought to the right person's attention, after how many years of being ignored? If Ridgid paid attention to us they would have much better selling products. Ridgid management is clueless.
        www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Get Rid Of It!!! Why have something that means nothing...

I have posted tool ideas many times and never gotten any responses... I have posted before that a Ridgid Mortise Machine would be useful but myself and the wall beside me are the only one's that seem to care or have any interest in it...

Another reason dump it would be; guy's and gal's that are new and browse the forum and don't know that this topic line is not be watched and means nothing may get there hopes up that they will be responded to and will be disappointed just like myself if they post to it...

My opinion would be to trim the whole woodworking section down to 2 topics...
          1.) General Woodworking Discussion Forum (This one gets the most action)
          2.) General Discussion
          Regards,<br /><br />Big Johnson<br /><br />Pictures: <a href=\"http://www.woodworkersweb.com/modules.php?set_albumName=albuv85&op=modload&name= gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.woodworkersweb.com/modules.php?set_albumName=albuv85&op=modload&name= gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php</a>

Comment

So far I think the best name is Kelly's TheWoodCellar.com
            If there are no other name suggestions I will just go ahead and register that name this monday and have a site set up soon after.
            www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

RidgidWoodNutz.com ?
              John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

How about some votes for either TheWoodCellar.com or RidgidWoodNutz.com
                www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

My vote is for thewoodcellar.com.
                  Bill

Comment

That makes two of us....
                    Kelly C. Hanna<br /><a href=\"http://www.hannawoodworks.com\" target=\"_blank\">Hanna Woodworks</a>

Comment

...and the winner is TheWoodCellar.com
                      www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

The site will be up and ready as soon as I have a few ideas for different topics of discussion. Please post your ideas. I will probably not use more than 5 unless there are more than 5 great ideas for topics. The topics should be about or related to woodworking.If you have an idea for a topic that is not really related to woodworking but that we all might benefit from and has something that is in common to most of us, POST IT!
                        This is going to be our site. Created for us with our ideas and preferences. Once the discussion area is rolling then we can expand to creating links to our personal websites, a section where we can post our favorite plans, and anything that anyone can suggest. Please submit suggestions, nothing is too boring or too crazy. Let loose!
                        www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Hat's off and BOWS

From Woody's Workshop, my whole family thanks you for your time and effort for making such a site. My wife sits with me nightly and laughs her Chamorro _ss off at my posts, and readings. (Met my wife on ICQ, she's from Saipan)

[Projects] would be a nice dicussion. Feeling free to vent frustrations and Brag about what was accomplished, and what you can't figure out without help. Ask advice about procedures, and what tools are needed when planning a project. Or detailed instructions on tips and tricks you have learned to do the out of ordinary.

[Tool Talk] to brag about, or complain about tools you own, or tried; like or dislikes, and for what reason.

[Shade Tree Topics] for those who like to just type away about what ever when in pause about the woodworking world. Grab a shop made chair, glass of Iced Tea, and gab away in the back yard under big old Maple or Oak tree. (Wondering how many BF you could get out of it)

[Accoplishments] for a place to post links to photo's of what you have created. Get reviews, and take a bashing if you dare post one of those so called "Weekend Projects".

I'll stop with that, wife can't get Josh to sleep with the monitor on.
                          John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

Woody, I have to thank you for coming up with some great ideas. I will incorporate all of them as soon as possible.
                            Also, I would like a moderator or 2 or 3. If you or anyone else would like to do this, just say so.
                            I have been testing a few different bulletin board packages. The one ridgid uses is about$200. I am currently testing one that is nearly identical, and it is free. If it is good, I will go with it.
                            www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

How about a wood carving section?
                              \"Aarrgh, sliver me timbers\"<br /><a href=\"http://www.picturetrail.com/daviddunlap\" target=\"_blank\">www.picturetrail.com/daviddunlap</a>

Comment

The wood cellar is up and running!
                                The Wood Cellar
                                The first registered user is Big Johnson. He is sharp, he managed to register before this announcement. For now the only active part of the site is the discussion board. When you go to The Wood Cellar click on the "wood talk" link to get to the discussion board. Please post suggestions for the site on the critics corner forum on the board.
                                Thanks to everyone for the suggestions that got this started
                                www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Working...
                                X