Question for Moderator...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Moderator...

Is it worth while posting idea's/suggestions for the woodworking line of tools? Since Ridgid is no long manufacturing, I assume they are not involved with product development.

Will any posts here for the Ridgid line of woodworking tools be read by anybody (that is if there is anybody) in product development? Or is this soley for the plumbing line of Ridgid tools now? (Or has it always been just for the plumbing line?)
    John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

IF HOME DEPOT OWNED RIDGID, WHY WOULD'T HOME DEPOT TRY TO PUSH THE RIDGID LINE OF PRODUCTS FIRST OVER ANY OTHER. BUT SINCE THE RIDGID DISPLAYS AND AVAILABILITY OF WW PRODUCTS IN THE HOME DEPOT STORES SUCKS, OBVIOUSLY THEY DO NOT OWN RIDGID. OR IF THEY DO THEN THE HD MANAGEMENT IS JUST AS MUCH A BUNCH OF MORONS JUST LIKE VERIZON'S MANAGEMENT.

Comment

Since no one has responded to my question, I can only assume that Ridgid does not read, or care about the consumers suggestions or comments. Either for woodworking, or plumbing. Shame, another Big Black X for Ridgid.
      John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

woody

please dont let ridgid's lack of response send you away from this forum i for one value your posts and i am sure i am not the only one!
        \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

Don't worry Ed. I'm not going anywheres. I just wanted to know where Ridgid stood on Product Development, and if they listened still to the consumer Idea's.

I can only guess that they have their own ideas, or are letting the manufacturing company run with ideas. I'm hoping that anything that is released with the Ridgid name on it has to have the design and quality approved by Ridgid.

Until they release all the details, it's just a guessing game for us. But I'm anxious to see what new things they have for us. We might very well be surprised!

Comment

Maybe you should check into the Ryobi forum for news and see what they're saying over there. I got the feeling they are not monitoring this forum for ideas at all. I also have wondered that since the company has changed so much, if this forum will survive the change at all.
            Kelly C. Hanna<br /><a href=\"http://www.hannawoodworks.com\" target=\"_blank\">Hanna Woodworks</a>

Comment

You bring up a good point Kelly. I would hate to see shop talk end. The ryobi site is badly categorized, has too many topics and replys and is irritating to navigate. If shop talk were to end I wouldn't mind building a new site for all of us who benefit from and enjoy using shop talk. I have the time and knowledge and can do it in about a day. Any comments?
              www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

rafael, All that I can say is that "if you build it, they will come." At least I will.
                Bill

Comment

If you build it...I will come, too.

Comment

I would be happy to make the site given a possibility that this ridgid site ends. If this site were to end it would likely happen without notice and it would be difficult to find and contact everyone who uses this site. A solution would be to start a site regardless of this site continuing or not. Bulletin board software from the company that produced ridgid's is available. It is, in my opinion, the best I've seen. It could be a complete site offering a place for us to share and store plans, links to our personal websites and other things based on ideas and suggestions from all of us. I don't want to jump the gun, but I would hate to have us get stranded without the ability to contact each other to regroup. I will therefore create this site with the goal of having it functioning by next week.
                    What I would like to do now is ask everybody for ideas for a site name. It should be relatively short, have something to do with wood, and not be offensive, although a little humor wouldn't hurt. wood.com, woodwork.com and gotwood.com and many variations are alreadly taken. So give me your best name ideas. If there are many good ones then we'll take a vote.
                    Thanks
                    www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

How about nottooldwoodworkershome.com? I realize that its a little long at 23 characters, but I think that it would strike an appropriate balance.
                      Bill

Comment

Here's mine; saws&clamps.com
                        ================================================== ====
                        ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

How about allthatwood.com?
                          www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Sounds great to me. This site has some great folks and given it's demise, I would not be found at the Ryobi site, so we need a new one!

How about The Wood Cellar?
                            Kelly C. Hanna<br /><a href=\"http://www.hannawoodworks.com\" target=\"_blank\">Hanna Woodworks</a>

Comment

I like that one Kelly! Sounds a heck of a lot better than the one I originally came up with.
                              Bill

Comment

Working...
                              X