X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid wood shaper

Cost under $500, 3 horsepower motor, ,var.speed,and good dust collection.
    Andy B.

It is possible to make the machine with the details(ideas) I have given?
    Andy B.

Comment

I agree with Andy!Ridgid should have a heavy duty shaper.. If they have any plans on making one please let me know...
      Regards,<BR>James B.

Comment

Might be possible, but I don't know about 3 hp for that price. Unfortunately there are no plans at this time for any machine like that.

Comment

could the wood shaper be out be the end of the yaer?
          Andy B.

Comment

Powermatic sells a 3 horsepower shaper for $2,350.
            Delta sells one for $1,600.
            Jet, $1,250.
            Shoot, even Grizzly wants $825 for one.

How do you figure Ridgid could produce a 3 horsepower shaper for five hundred bucks? I wouldn't buy one, the only way it could be done is by cheapening everything to the point of danger. A good quality 3 horsepower motor alone sells for over half the price you've listed.

Dave

Comment

so let go to a 1.5 hp motor.
              Andy B.

Comment

If Ridgid came out with a shaper at a price I could afford I would buy one in a heartbeat. Of course I'm a Ridgid lover.

Comment

I just did a new thread on the same subject(oops , im new) The shaper is my most important tool, and if rigid came out with one , i and my best friend would each by one without a doubt.i have everything theyve made woodworking wise , and i have to say despite a couple of flaws here and there, they re (IMO) the best product for the money hands down.
                  \"practice is like farting; only you can do it yourself\' and no one can do it for you\"-sawaki kodo (zen master)

Comment

Sign me up. If they make one at all I will buy it. My whole shop is ridgid made. If there is any plans to make a good ridgid shaper I will pre-buy before I even get to look at it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Man it been a long time since I've seen this post.
                      Andy B.

Comment

Working...
                      X