X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about a Mortising Machine?

Ridgid has built and offered just about all the mainline heavy woodworking machines so far with the exception of a dedicated benchtop mortising machine. I figure they could come up with a good heavy duty one if they so wish. Would anyone here like to see Ridged develop one? And what features would you like to see? Like a nice cast iron table, or a good 3/4 hp 3450 motor?

I second the motion. I will be in the market for a mortiser some time in the very near future. All my machines and several vacuums in my shop, (HOBBIEST.) are made by ridgid and am very happy with them.

Jim

Comment

Makita has one!!!!! It's awesome!!!!!

Comment

I would like to see ridgid with a mortise press also
        \"practice is like farting; only you can do it yourself\' and no one can do it for you\"-sawaki kodo (zen master)

Comment

Before finding Ridgid tools, all of my workshop tools were Porter-Cable and Delta. 2 years ago I replaced all of my tools, EXCEPT 1, with Ridgid.

I posted my Porter-Cable & Delta's on-line and sold them all within 2 weeks.

The only thing that is still Delta in my shop is my dedicated mortiser. While I like it a lot, I would like to see Ridgid come out with one.

A good cast-iron fence, adjustable hold down, 3/4 or 1 hp motor, long ratcheting lever (for ease of boring the mortises in hardwoods,) and a complete line of mortising bits. Preferably 1/4" thru 1" would be nice.

That's just my $.02 worth of ideas for a Ridgid dedicated mortiser.
          Dimensional Carpentry & Custom Woodworking
          Historic Renovations, Restoration, & Custom Log Homes

I Beat The Competition Hammersdown!

Comment

Working...
          X