Cordless Recriprocating saw+sold alone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cordless Recriprocating saw+sold alone

Why is it so hard to find a cordless reciprocating saw that is not sold in a 500+ dollar kit?
    I went to use my PC reciprocating saw last week(which I love) but it took a half hour to find a long enough extension cord.
    If Ridgid sold the 18v reciprocating saw seprately,I would buy it (provided that it isn't a piece of junk).

Can't tell you why Ridgid doesn't offer the cordless recip. saw by itself but here are a few that you can purchase by themselves;

1. Porter-Cable 9837
    2. Milwaukee 6514
    3. Makita JR180DWB
    4. DeWalt DW008K-2
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

Comment

The dewalt is an excellent cordless sawzall. I have had one for nearly 5 years and use it professionally, it has never let me down.

Comment

I agree. I think Ridgid would be smart to offer all the cordless tools now only available in kits as individual pieces.

I couldnt afford the kit when I bought my drill but would now like to buy the cordless circular saw. I may in the future like to get the cordless saws-all.

I know I can get similar tools individually in other brands but it sure would be nice to only have 1 battery type and charger to deal with.

Comment

I bought the kit that includes the recip saw. The one thing I hate about the saw is the thumb lock that needs to be pressed before the saw will come on. In tight spots its tough to use the saw, Is there a way to have that switch bypassed??
          Len<BR>Midlantic Plumbing & Heating

Comment

YES PLEASE, I would love ridgid to make a cordless available by itself.I already own pretty near everything in the damn set anyway and my old saw died recently.I am looking at the Milwalkee(love those guys) but up here it is a huge cost and lots of places would have to order one in if I dont take a set and I hate doing that.

Any one have an answer about removing that switch by the way,I'd be interested in knowing the answer too

Comment

Check Ebay, I have found brand new tools from kits sold alone, just check the quality of the seller.

Comment

My local Hd sells both the reciprocating saw and circular saw by themselves. $150 for the reciprocating and $100 for the circular I think each come with one battery and a single charger.

Comment

Originally posted by FURPEOPLE
                  Why is it so hard to find a cordless reciprocating saw that is not sold in a 500+ dollar kit?
                  I went to use my PC reciprocating saw last week(which I love) but it took a half hour to find a long enough extension cord.
                  If Ridgid sold the 18v reciprocating saw seprately,I would buy it (provided that it isn't a piece of junk).
                  I own one. It's a piece of junk. It is hard to control and the batteries lose charge fast. I would suggest a Milwaukee if you are a pro. If not buy a cheaper sawzal. The problem with Ridgid cordless tools are they want premium prices for cheap quality.
                  the dog

Comment

I'm pretty happy with all the tools that came with the combo kit.

The sawzall that came with the kit has a quick release that makes bit changing easy.

I'm used to the battery life of Ryobi tools so Ridgid tools are amazing to me.

The tools work fine for the type of work I do. I'll need a sawzall or skillsaw for for 5-10 min to cut something here and there.

Comment

I have the Milwaukee 0719-22, it is the 28 volt model and it kicks butt over the Dewalt, Porter Cable, makita and even their own 18 volt stuff. 18 volt is just not enough to push a sawzall. go 28 volt or until the next higher voltage comes out.
                      p.s.
                      You can buy it alone as a "kit" with case 2 batteries and charger ,,,or
                      only the tool, if you have batteries already. the last 2 digit number changes from -22 to -20. This will save you a little $$$$
                      see link below

http://www.milwaukeeconnect.com/weba...129_189329_362
                      Unless you are the lead Dog, the scenery does not change...

Comment

Originally posted by Dawg
                        I have the Milwaukee 0719-22, it is the 28 volt model and it kicks butt over the Dewalt, Porter Cable, makita and even their own 18 volt stuff. 18 volt is just not enough to push a sawzall. go 28 volt or until the next higher voltage comes out.
                        These reciprocating saws are not for all day use as some of you that use them for that. They are more for high elevation work to cut a couple things (or for the plumber that needs to cut a joist off without having to set up the corded model without being seen)!!

Comment

Re: Cordless Recriprocating saw+sold alone

I also would like to be able to buy the Rigid Fuego hand held cordless reciprocating saw separate from the combo kit. I can buy the combo kit here in Alamogordo, NM for $329.00 but I can't afford it and I don't need a flashlight or another drill. I can buy the corded model for $99.00, but I want cordless. I don't think big companies should be able to do that just to make more money. You should be able to buy all items offered in combo kits separately. I hope someone from Rigid reads this for all the good it'll do. I have looked on ebay but I haven't seen any yet.

Comment

Re: Cordless Recriprocating saw+sold alone

They make a max select cordless recip saw that comes by itself and at the Home Depot about a mile from me they have one on the discounted shelf for $79.97(nib).
                            Last edited by CLDS; 10-11-2009, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X