Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

offer the lifetime plan on all rigid tools, reguardless of when purchased.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cwsmith, can you put me in touch with rigid, i have a good idea of the date, but home depot says they can only go back a month, and they were very unhelpful...

Comment

I sent the info to you directly (this past Friday) at the E-mail address you have listed. I presume that you didn't get it?? E-mail me at " cwmsmith@aol.com " and I will reply with contact info.

Thanks,

CWS

Comment

got it, thanks much cwsmith... it was caught up in the stupid spam filter, i hate that thing..

Comment

I found my reciept, i cant believe it, it is slightly faded but readable, i filled out the e tool box thing, and for my kit serial, i put the first group of characters that all my tools that came in the kit share in comon, i hope this is correct, i may mail rigid the origional of the reciept, it is so light, i doubt i can get a copy... any thoughts.. purchase date was 8/1/04, so i should be eligible...

Comment

Try to get a copy first, or actually a couple of copies as you may very well need that receipt again if you ever need to make a warranty claim. But, now that you have the receipt, you at least know the date and the particular store, so Home Depot's Atlanta office should be able to produce a new receipt for you.

Also, regarding the "fading"... real problem with Home Depot, after a year or so all you'll have is a white slip of paper; even less if it's exposed to heat.

CWS

Comment

i doubt Ridgid would really offer a lifetime plan or warranties regardless of tools or when purchased..

Comment

Michael, Michael, Michael,

Doubt all you like, but the offer is there.

http://www.ridgid.com/Manuals/RidgidLSA.pdf

Now all one has to do is register for it! But alas, I'm sure there will be lots of folks who won't and then they'll have that to complain about. Somehow I think that whatever a company does, there will complaints or cries of foul by a few. Really, the "lifetime service agreement" is a good deal, but only if it doesn't take forever to get the parts or repair done.

CWS

Comment

CWSmith, i cannont get a xerox of this faded reciept.. it is rediculous, home depots name clearly isnt worth the paper its printed on, with this disappearing ink scheme... the HD i purchased it at wont reproduce it, so i emailed that person you told me to contact, that was 2 days ago, and i have heard nothing back from her...

Comment

Originally posted by enlight22:
                    ............ so i emailed that person you told me to contact, that was 2 days ago, and i have heard nothing back from her...
                    Two days ago. Why would you expect an answer this quickly to an email that you sent on Saturday or maybe Friday. If you want a quick answer, call. Once you have them on the phone it's pretty hard for anyone to ignore you.
                    I decided to change calling the bathroom the "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

Comment

i would have prefered to call, if i knew the appropriate number to call.

Comment

Thanks to all that helped me, This problem is resolved, I am now on the rigid lifetime plan, No thanks to home depot and their disappearing ink reciepts.

[ 09-21-2005, 03:19 AM: Message edited by: enlight22 ]

Comment

Working...
                        X