Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

offer the lifetime plan on all rigid tools, reguardless of when purchased.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• offer the lifetime plan on all rigid tools, reguardless of when purchased.

I bought a combo kit 5 months ago, and i dont get a lifetime plan? It is the same kit sold now, are the tools made better now, is my kit not worth of a lifetime plan... If you are going to try and give the appearance of standing behind your products, stand behind them, offer it on all tools, and bind it to the serial number..

excelent tools btw... but i want my lifetime plan.

All you have to do is register them online. You will need to send in copies of the receipt, but no UPC required. "Customers who purchased qualifying RIDGID® Power Tools between Feb. 1, 2004 and April 14,
    2005 may register those tools by completing the on line form at www.ridgid.com or a registration form
    (found at point of purchase) and also mailing in a copy of the store receipt to the address above.
    Registration must be postmarked by August 12, 2005."
    Lifetime tool registration details

Comment

hmm, if only i kept every single reciept from every single purchase i have ever made... One thing is for sure, this is one reciept i wish i had kept.

Comment

For insurance purposes, I always tape my receipts to the back inside page of the owners manual. Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to do the same with the UPC code off the box, ya know, just in case.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Enlight22,

If you've thrown away your receipt, all may not be lost. The Home Depot can give you a copy of your original receipt, if you can pin down the exact date that you bought it. Hopefully, you didn't pay cash and perhaps used your credit card or personal check. Even then, your tools serial number might be useful as they are date coded.

Some time back, the issue of fading receipts came up and I talked with a key person at HD's Atlanta Headquarters, and was told they keep a central database of all transactions and a receipt can be reprinted from that. However, the date and exact store is critical to being able to query the database. Check your files and once the date is discovered, contact the local store. They may also be able to help you if you just have the serial number.

Make the effort and let us know how you make out,

CWS

Comment

Excelent, This is very helpful. Also, I mailed in a copy of my reciept at that time to rigid for the free battery and 50 dollar home depot gift card program.... can this fact help me at all in any way you can think of, perhaps rigid may have a copy? or maby the gift card can be used to find this info? I most likly mailed in the UPC with it for the offer, so i probably wouldnt have the UPC anyway...

[ 06-03-2005, 01:33 AM: Message edited by: enlight22 ]

Comment

Ridgid, should have record of your purchase since you sent in for the rebate. Speaking of fading check your 18V drill, anyone else have their serial number dissapear? It was there, I recorded it when I bought the kit. Not scrated or removed with chemicals just gone! Did they use dissapearing ink??

Comment

wbrooks,

This problem has been reported a couple of times. I have NO idea what is going on with that. I haven't seen any official Ridgid responses to the problem. Personally, I wonder "what gives" when a company like Home Depot knows that it's receipts fade within a matter of months and/or Ridgid has its serial numbers fade and neither address the issue. Oddly enough, I haven't seen this problem with Ryobi tools, even though they are the cheaper build/brand. (Both are manufactured by Techtronics International - with the Ridgid tools built under license to Ridgid specs!)

CWS

Comment

Actually it is only the drill that has faded, all the other tools in the 4 piece combo see roughly the same usage their S/N's are as visable as day 1.

Comment

if rigid did record my purchase, how would i go about getting the date from them, so i can get the repciept from home depot... surly someone at rigid can read this and just get this put through or somthing.

Comment

Ridgid can't tell you the date of your purchase, you need to do that. Their database of transactions is kept in date order by store. So, if you can tell them the date and the store at which you made your purchase, they can look up your receipt and then send you a copy of it.

If you don't know the date of your purchase, then they simply won't have any idea where to look. I am sure you can see why knowing the date is important.

As I understand it, once you have the date, you can ask at your store's customer service desk and they can look into the matter for you. If you don't have any success there, let me know and I will look through my notes and see if I can find you a name in Atlanta to contact.

CWS

Comment

thanks for the help cwsmith, i do know the store, but it is in orlando, and i live in tampa now.. maby one of the stores here in tampa can help... i have a rough idea of the date..

Comment

Every time I buy a tool I write the serial number, the date purchased, and the place I bought it from on the front cover of the manual. With the new disappearing ink on sales receipts I have added making a xerox copy and attaching that to the manual as well. It has saved me more than once with a warranty issue.

Comment

i agree, xerox the receipts with the serial numbers right away and attach it to the manuals.

Comment

ok, home depot keeps telling me they can only look up the reciept if it is within 30 days, so if someone could tell me how to get in touch with rigid, so they can look up my reciept, from the rebate i sent in, that would be great...

Comment

Working...
                              X