Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Change color scheme or go out of business!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too funny! I don't even think I paid any attention to what color the tools were when I was shopping for a compound miter saw (and bought the 12" Ridgid with laser), and I'm an artist by trade! I'm also... (drumroll) female!!!

My biggest concerns were: does it accomodate the size of material I'll be cutting (baseboard, crown molding and Pergo planks); does it offer a wide variety of angles, bevels and miters; and how much is the sucker?

Ridgid answered all of these concerns the best, so it came home with me. Bonus: the package included a stand! But I must admit, the stand is a horrendous dark grey color. I'm not really sure it coordinates with my decor or Ridgid's corporate color scheme of orange and black... really, Ridgid, what were you thinking? Shouldn't the stand be black?

Comment

Comment

I know it really does not matter but everyone has a favorite. I really like Dewalt yellow and Jet white. I do not like anything that is black. It shows what a slob that I am. The sawdust seems to glow.People buy cars all the time by color because it does not "show dirt". Why should a tool be all that different.

Comment

I have lately been too busy using my tools to give a damn what color they are, or what they look like at all. I am glad to have the right tool for whatever the job is, even if it were pink. Well, I might think twice if it were pink.

[ 09-06-2004, 09:59 PM: Message edited by: tyxlc ]

Comment

Some of you guys should host your own TV show. Call it, "Queer Eye for the Woodworking Guy"

/joke

Comment

Can't beleive that this TROLL post is still popping up!
              Support Our Troops!
              www.mnpatriotguard.org
              www.patriotguard.org

Comment

Well you know what they say..........

There's no troll like an old troll !! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
                Lorax
                "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Good one Lorax!
                  Support Our Troops!
                  www.mnpatriotguard.org
                  www.patriotguard.org

Comment

Hey, Moderator! Please, shoot this wounded horse in the head and put it out of it's misery.

Comment

Hey moderator. Please don't. There's nothing in this thread in violation of forum rules. If some people don't like it, they don't have to read it.
                      Lorax
                      "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Before this thread gets axed I will put my $.02 worth in. Who cares about the color of the tools? The quality is what matters. Someone mentioned buying cars by color, well you can get any car in any color you want and it does not affect performance. With tools each manufacturer has their own color scheme to distinguish theirs from everyone elses. I am a Chevy man, and I would not consider buying a Ford if they were the only ones that offered a truck in white. My shop looks like a giant rainbow because I buy QUALITY not Color. OK getting off the horse now.
                        info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Oh great! [img]tongue.gif[/img] That's all we need now, a Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge discussion. No Toyotas allowed.
                          I decided to change calling the bathroom the "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

Comment

Whats wrong Dave, You a Nissan man. LOL
                            info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

I thought you were talking about real trucks not Tonka toys. Actually, I prefer that my first on race day truck to be made in America in case one morning its found on road dead. If that happens, it makes finding parts a little easier thus making the fix or repair daily routine a little less time consuming.
                              I decided to change calling the bathroom the "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

Comment

I can't tell if you favor other rides dave, or you're fond of rollover damage.

Comment

Working...
                                X