Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Change color scheme or go out of business!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

================================================== ====
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

I always thought that name meant Frigged Over Rebuilt Dodge. Ok, I know, I'm in trouble now. LOL
      info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Originally posted by Lorax:
        Hey moderator. Please don't. There's nothing in this thread in violation of forum rules. If some people don't like it, they don't have to read it.
        I never said that it violated any rules and yes, I do not have to read it. I was just offering the "suggestion" that it be killed. This forum was just intended to be about new tool ideas. This thread has been going on since 8/21/03.

[ 10-25-2004, 08:58 AM: Message edited by: George ]

Comment

Girlie-men, if the orange color doesn't go with your high heels and handbags, why not just get an orange scarf to tie the whole ensemble together? Really guys, have you nothing better to do than complain about the color of your tools?

Comment

Orange is my favorite color so I was elated to find this saw, not to mention it rolls all over the garage with ease.

Comment

Moderators-can we kill this thread and delete it off the face of the earth. It keeps coming back like the killers in "Scream" movies.

Comment

It's a TOOL its supposed to get a job done not get on the 10 best dressed list. You get a tool for its durability and quality not on how PRETTY it is. They have a very nice tool line for woman that is PINK maybe you would like that manly color better in your sophicated workshop.
                \"Git R Done with Ridgid\" Bew2

Comment

jesus! i cant believe people are still talking about this topic... whats next, rainbow colors..

Comment

I second the motion for ranbow colours!

Comment

I would like to add my two cents. It dosen't matter if I had a rainbow of colors in my shop.I really never paid attention to the color of my tools. I am a short petite women and what's important to me is that I have a good grip on my tools. The problem is this; when I find a tool that is a comfortable fit and easy to handle, most of them are underpowered for the job. I usually go to my hubby's shop and borrow his power tools as they are more powerful, but you need an ape size hand to hang on to them.

Another problem I have is the stands that comes with the equipment are too high. They should have stands that are easily adjustable for short people.

When using the sliding miter saw on it's stand, the darn thing is at my chest height. My arms are fully extended upwards to grab the handle. Talk about a little tough trying to hold down pressure and sliding it backwards while cutting. Waist height would be nice for cutting.

I purchased a workbench and a glueing workbench. They are both too high and both have no adjustable legs. By the time I add my router table on top of the bench, my elbows are straight up in the air while pushing down on the board and sliding my piece across the table.

I could always build ramps at every tool station, but that is a hazard in itself and waiting for an accident to happen or I can build my own workbenches. My point is, color means nothing to me and I hope tool manufacturers read this forum and think of us short women with small hands. Factory manufactured workbenches and equipment stands should automatically come with a quick adjustable mechanism. They come in a standard height. Who's height?
                      My hubby is 6'2" and I am 5' , we both do woodworking and use the same workstations. It would be nice to have quick adjustable mechanism for the legs. It would make my woodworking so much easier and enjoyable.

We need the manufacturers to add this feature in their design. It should not be an option, but a standard feature.

For you tall people, try crouching down to my height and work at the standard level workbenches and equipment stands, shorten your arms a little and see how it's like to handle these power tools while working. It can be pretty scary at times. Okay, you can stand on your tip toes, I do it all the time [img]smile.gif[/img]

I don't know if this topic was ever brought up in this forum about the barriers short and small women have with standard height equipment, stands ect in woodworking or good fitting tools for small hands, but yet still powerful.

Maybe manufacturers could make some mods to their products and use this example as a sales pitch to attract more women into woodworking.
                      Woodworking has been my hobby for years and would very much appreciate these features.

If anyone knows of such tools or workbenches, no matter what color, I would appreciate knowing who sells them.

Thanks. Rose
                      It's okay to make mistakes, just make them while nobody's looking.

Comment

i fully agree with rose that, there should really be an adjusting mechanisms on all workbenches and equipment stands. and a safety feature should be in place as standard feature on all of them..

Comment

Yeah, I agree that it would be nice but if the market was there it would have already been done. It's simple bean counting and there just isn't enough beans out there for companies to do this for the minority of buyers that would like these features.
                          ================================================== ====
                          All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

I did some research on power tools for women and I did find some answers, but workbenches or equipment stands wasn't one of them. There is a site that has done tool surveys aimed for women and I find their results interesting. There is too much to list, so I have their URL. It is public information, but I'm not sure if it's okay to post it here. My guess would be that women have to speak out and tell manyfacturers what they want in power tools. They should have a tool online survey for women.
                            http://www.realestatejournal.com/hom...0-stevens.html
                            Rose
                            It's okay to make mistakes, just make them while nobody's looking.

Comment

Well you want brand recognition.. so unless you want pink or Fusha ( what the heck color is that anyway) many good colors are taken
                              Makita- blue
                              Ryobi darker blue
                              Milwalkee- red
                              DeWorthless (i mean) DeWalt-yellow
                              Hatachi- green i think
                              Crap and Decker- red
                              Porter Cable- grey/Black.

I am sure we can keep going but anyway they had to do something different that stood out right? also it makes the tool easy to find on the jobsite or shop. I think the stupidest idea is black handtools sometimes called (industrial) finish. Impact sockets exempt as it has something to do with the process to make them less brittle I was told.

Comment

What amazes me is that this thread got so much attention. I agree with the majority, who cares what color it is, how well does it perform?
                                \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

Working...
                                X