Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Change color scheme or go out of business!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife likes so much the orange that she uses my tools.....while i drink my orange juice!

Comment

My wife likes so much the orange that she uses my tools.....while i drink my orange juice! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Name recognition. Orange- Ridgid
        Green - John Deere
        Yellow - Ski-Doo
        Blue & White-Toronto Maple Leafs

Comment

Rose, here is a site you may find interesting. they have a forum that you can get some ideas from also. http://www.womeninwoodworking.com/
          info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

I'm writing here just to bring it to the top again. But while I'm here, do you guys that care about the color of your tools match your bra, panties, and socks with the color of your skirts? Get real. These tools are for contractors and hobbiest's. They do not pretend to be top knotch cabinet makers tools. They are perfect for the work that I do, plus the color turns to the color of the dust that is being made by them.

Jim

Comment

I do have to tell you one thing....the orange that came on the old ridgid tools, (i know the shade changed a bit), but the orange on the old, matched the CMT orange.

Those blades look like they were made for that saw!
              \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

by the way, its not just orange..., it is Ridgid Orange. The only thing that came so close i think, is the chevy color orange..

Comment

Dont forget the 70's B&D orange ...

Comment

And the old B&D orange looked a lot better than thier Baby Sh** yellow. LOL
                    info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

my whole truck is orange in side and out?????just kidding just the 600 hp(hamster power)305 engine block is orange.but yeah it may be old,it may be slow but thank god its a chevrolet
                      9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

While I'm not one to shop colors of tools, since reading this post I have looked around my shop and I must say, I do like the way my Ridgid tools make the shop look.

Personally, I think that Ridgid are the best looking tools on the market.

The big factor in my choice of buying Ridgid was due to the engineering of the tools and that they, IMHO, out perfom the rest, both in my shop and on the job site.

I wouldn't give you a dime for DeWalt, Makita, or Milwaukee! Never liked'em, never will!
                        Dimensional Carpentry & Custom Woodworking
                        Historic Renovations, Restoration, & Custom Log Homes

I Beat The Competition Hammersdown!

Comment

What the Hay? Since when does color make any tool perform better or longer or with more accuracy? Just look at many of the industry standards like "Southbend Lathes" eternally Battleship Grey or Institutional Green!!! Same with almost any heavy duty machine shop tool -- No "Hot" colors, just plain old functional and durable.

I will not argue that with todays technology it is possible to produce almost any plastic in any color from plain to vivid or even with sparkles in it BUT "why bother"? To me, trendy colors make items look like "FLEA MARKET FODDER" and make me feel it will turn out to be junk. Probably some no name schmaltzy rubble dressed up to appeal to the inexperience or fools. Guess I am showing my age here, but it is how I feel.
                          Harry

Comment

Color is not the deciding factor for my purchase. The fact that my 18v Rigid hammer drill will kick the S*** out of my father in-laws pansy DeWalt pistol grip P.O.S.. Thats how I make my choices. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
                            Ignorance is bliss and the world is a happy place.

Comment

i don't know why this guys getting all worked up about tool color. i love it. i mean i would like any color. well maybe not mauve, or however you spell it. using these sexy orange tools makes me want to dance. i like to put on some ted nugent, drink a bunch of beer, and stay up all night working away. i kind of take the hunter thompson aproach to carpentry. it works for me, and so do these sweet orange tools. thanks ridgid and home depot!

Comment

I don't mind the color but with tape over all the openings of you paower tools a little mettalic silver paint on your rigid orange makes them stand out. my reason for it was if i went to the restroom and came back to find something missing it wouldn't be hard to find. I prefer my DeWalt Silver over the urine yellow.

i love both the ridgid and dewalt but i will ever buy a makita or milwakee cordless tool.
                                "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
                                "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

Working...
                                X