Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

Change color scheme or go out of business!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change color scheme or go out of business!

The painfully ugly orange in shocking and offensive. If you were looking for product differentiation or recognition, you did it the idiot way. Smaller hand tools can be bright colors, but large stationary power tools in hunter safety orange! You won't see one of those monsters in my shop!

Comment

What are we, a bunch of interior designers? I could not care less what the color looks like. I will confess, though. I made a decision between two tools once based on cosmetics and I ended up with the biggest piece of crap. Sold it at a loss and bought the "ugly" tool that is a shining star in my arsenal. Lesson learned. Will not repeat.
      Vegetables are what food eats.

Comment

Unless the colours of the tools in the US differ from the colour of the tools in Canada, the light orange is "WAY COOL MAN".

Comment

I have a feeling that Home Depot had some input on orange tools, eh?
          -Fred J.

Comment

I agree it is ugly. It definately looks like the Home Depot orange color instead of the classic red-orange of Ridgid hand tools. These new tools will always be associated with HD with that color. Im afraid people will think of them as HD tools instead of Ridgid tools.
            <a href=\"http://www.brtool.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.brtool.com</a>

Comment

Glad the only 'oranges' on my BS1400 are the knobs!

Comment

I've posted this before. The orange knobs were a great accent color, and added a touch of flare and recognition. But to paint large parts? Naw, I not like. It falls more into the "GREEN" catagory. And everyone knows when I open the overhead door in the summer, all I see is GREEN. I DO NOT want to see green inside the shop!

But when the Grizzly G0555 arrives, the green will add a touch of color to the shop, and the orange knobs off the BS1400 on it will add some interesting contrasts! (Love them soft touch knobs)
                John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

Does it really matter what color the tool is? The orange of Ridgid is no different than the red of Milwaukee, yellow of Dewalt, or teal of Makita. I imagine that when Dewalt began making tools in yellow, there was some advese reaction. However, people seem to have looked past the color and looked at the tool. Personally, I kind of like the orange color. It is distinctive. However, I'm more concerned with how the tool works. The answer to this question is still unknown since I've been using my combo set for only a month or so.

Comment

I like the color of my ts3650 it is at the entrance of my shop so it draws attention to itself. In the past three days it has drawn people into my shop just to get a closer look at the tool. I have answered more questions regarding this tool than any other in my shop.
                    I'm hoping it will also lure clients closer so they can look further into my shop to see some of the work I'm doing.

No Bull Dust Just Saw Dust

Comment

HEY GUYS!I'm new to this forum,and,frankly,I'm a bit surprised that there is such a brouhaha over the color of these tools.I thought only women were so color-concious!Maybe this"Queer Eye"thing HAS gone too far!!C'mon,fellas,REALLY.

Comment

I just signed up for this web site and couldn't believe that what was a concern for this person was the tool color! I happen to like brightly colored tools! You don't trip over them so easily by not seeing. And that shade of orange catches the eye rather quickly! I like the color. It sure as heck beats the all black of PC tools.
                        Changeling

Comment

I just signed up for this web site and couldn't believe that what was a concern for this person was the tool color! I happen to like brightly colored tools! You don't trip over them so easily by not seeing. And that shade of orange catches the eye rather quickly! I like the color. It sure as heck beats the all black of PC tools.
                          Changeling

Comment

I just returned from a tool buying (ok mostly looking) day...and of all the cordless tools I was looking at the Ridgid ones are the best looking color and construction wise...As a mater of fact my 18V is so good looking I keep it right here next to the computer so I can look at it...mean looking piece of art just looking at it makes me want to go drill something......And to think if I had a hard case for it it would be hid all the time....

Comment

we are beginning to sound like a bunch of fashion designers or somethin...

Comment

Working...
                              X