X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade Motors

It'd be really nice to be able to get a more powerful motor to bolt up to the TS3612. It'd most likely have to be 240 volt but the option would be great.

3 Horsepower Anyone ?

How about a bit larger motor for the bandsaw too? I'm going to get on in the next 3-6 months and the Grizzly G0555 is getting the nod because of a larger motor and a few nice additional features. I'd love to stay with Ridgid becuase I really like the tools (3612, planer, jointer, miter saw, flip top stands) I have.

Michael

Comment

I found some motors in the grizzly catalog. They're made by emerson too. There's a price associated with power. If I needed the power I should've just bought a more power one to start. Just 2hp starts at 200.

Comment

Right, with power comes cost.
        I think one of the reasons Emerson is a little conservitive on motor size is to keep the cost down, plus, Emerson puts out a well made motor!
        I've seen 2hp by other brands that isn't as strong as the 1.5 hp on my 2424.
        Personally, I look at it this way. I love the Ridgid equipment. If I burn out a motor, and I'm sure too somewheres down the road, I'll just call Emerson and order a motor of larger size that will fit the application.
        I see a bigger one for the bandsaw and table saw for sure!
        John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

Working...
        X