Optional Hard Case

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optional Hard Case

Please make a hard case at least optional....would gladly purchase.

Thank you,

Chris Stewart

Hey Chris...More than a few of us forum members have said the same thing. This was a hot topic about 2 months ago. When all was said and done, we still dont know if we got thru to the head honchos at Ridgid and if they were going to bite on this suggestion. Your suggestion IS AN EXCELLENT ONE at that!!

Chris in Canada
    Chris Berg

Comment

I don't own this toolset but if I were purchasing one, this would be a turnoff point for me. Would not buy a took combo with a bag.

ONE MORE VOTE FOR HARDCASE!!!

Jake

Comment

I am happy with the tool set so far, purchased it at Home Depot during their 20% off sale; the hook was the lifetime warranty over Dewalt....but I was really torn due to lack of a hard case...as I mentioned I wouldn't mind paying extra for the case....also, any chance the Rigid tools fit in a Dewalt case??????????????

Thank you,

Chris

Comment

Count me in, I need a Hard case!
          I was looking at the Sears Truck Tote to put my cordless tools in but I'll have to fab up some shelves/with insolite padding cut out for the individual tools plus it will be way more room than I need for the 3 piece combo. The Bag is just poor at best.
          "SHOW ME THE HARD CASE" .

Comment

Build your own case.
            Make a big enought box out of baltic birch plywood.
            Sew up some cloth bags to fit in the top and bottom.
            Leave a corner open and inject expanding foam, let it sit for a bit then place the tools and accessories on the cloth and press them into place
            Same routine for the top
            Now you have a custom box for whatever tool you wish.
            I read this somewhere and if anyone is interested I will try to hunt the article down for more details

Comment

Originally posted by wbrooks:
              Build your own case.
              Make a big enought box out of baltic birch plywood.
              Sew up some cloth bags to fit in the top and bottom.
              Leave a corner open and inject expanding foam, let it sit for a bit then place the tools and accessories on the cloth and press them into place
              Same routine for the top
              Now you have a custom box for whatever tool you wish.
              I read this somewhere and if anyone is interested I will try to hunt the article down for more details
              I could. I'd rather they make one out of plastic for me.

The wood one would be heavier. The only advantage I would like with the homemade version would be that it doesn't attact as much attention as a bright orange, bright blue or red case does from those lazy bums that like to "borrow" my tools indefinately.

Comment

Count me in on a plastic "Hard Case" for the 4 piece combo because the bag is a problem! The size of my 18volt hammerdrill w/battery attached that case never closes. I purchased other Ridgid tools "all corded", and the hard case they came in rated #1, for looks, comfort, and function.

[ 01-25-2004, 09:47 PM: Message edited by: 758 ]

Comment

Hard plastic case and a side of fries for me too please.

Comment

why not include the hard case and an extra canvas bag for free then...

Comment

YES!!! Rigid tools fit perfectly into DeWalt cases.......well, with some cutting, and then, I only know that the recpi saw fits. A friend had a new DW case from his Tractor Supply store and gave it to me instead of throwing it out.

With a little cutting, the R recpi saw fit great and holds blades and several batteries.

***Count me in on a plastic case.***

Comment

Plastic Case NOW!

Comment

I bought the 12 volt drill and right andle impact and it came with the bag also and i hate the bag. I dont know how long it took to finally find a web site that sold the 12 volt hard case for just my drill but i did.The website is http://www.ordertree.com/ . Now if I could find a case that would either hold both of them or at least one for my right angle that would be awesome. In the meantime i was able to use a Dewalt case to hold my drill and battery but it wouldnt fit my charger.

Comment

sjburr,

I have the 12 volt max drill. I have four batteries and a 12v right angle drill. If I leave the charger out of the case, I can fit everying into the drill case. One battery on the drill, one in the battery slot, two in the charger compartent, and the right angle drill fits in as well.

dp

Comment

The combo kit bag sucks, A plastic case is available for the drill / charger and the 2 batteries as an after market item from Ridgid, So a couple box options for the other 3pce / 4pce / combo items would be great as a minimum, although I think the kits should be made and supplied with hard plastic cases in line with all the items ridgid manufacture, and these should be available as an after market part so the people who got lumped with the bag can fix the issue.

I support the ditch the cheesy kit bag movement.

Comment

Working...
                              X