X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid case for Ridgid cordless

I know this has been suggested before. However I recently purchased the 4 piece combo kit and I must agree. This outfit needs a hard plastic carrying case in lieu of the nylon pouch. The nylon case is simply too small to carry any additional blades and batteries without bulging out at the seams.

Just my two cents.

I have to agree. There needs to be a hardcase. The bag looked OK when I bought the kit, but now that I have it and have been using it really Suc**! Not to mention that if you were to drop it, you could damage the tools in the bag. I don't see the bag lasting for the life of the tools. I'd be willing to pay for the case.... it's a small investment when considering the longevity of the tools.

Comment

Well I don't like to beat a dead hores BUT this d@$% bag is just DUMB and I mean DUMB . Now before everybody gets all bent out of shape let me say that as far as the tools themselves go I am very pleased. I have several other Ridgid tools and that along with the life time service warranty is why I bought the 4 tool 18 volt kit. However the bag has got to go I mean whoes brain fart was this? I spent almost $500.00 on this kit and some closet engineer thought it would make me fell all warm and fuzzy to have to cram my brand new tools in a crappy bag one on top of another, so that they beat each other up as I am driving down the road or as I cary them in to a job or my shop. I have read all of the other posts on this forum about this subject so I know that I am not alone on this. I would be glad to pay a reasonable price for a hard carrying case that holds the tools in place and ofers a great deal more protection than this STUPID BAG. I belive that in the long run this would be a better arrangment for Ridgid as the tools would probably not need to be sent in and repaired as often making their reputation better and the bottom line more profitable, not to mention the fact that it would do wonders...for at least this customers satisfaction

P.S. Any official comment from Ridgid would be great.

Comment

I agree with all above. It doesn't make sense buying a $500 set without getting a hard case. You have to believe it would cost no more than a few dollars to produce something similiar to what DeWalt has. I hated buying tools without a hard case, but Ridgid's lifetime warranty did sell it. Please make something available to us consumer's to help make our tools last a lifetime.

Comment

How do I buy a separate hard cases for the combo drill and saw? They must exist, but I cannot find them available on the Ridgid website. By making these available, Ridgid will be helping itself as the tools should be better protected and less suseptible to damage and warranty claims. It would also raise the respect for Ridgid in my eyes and probably in the eyes of many others.

Comment

i'm going to get stoned for asying this, but i like the canvas bag.
            here's why. i have the 3 piece set and all fit well with room for drill bits and blates. i can see the recip. saw making it tight.

however, the main reason i like the bag is that most of the time when i go to do a job, i won't need all 3 (or 4) pieces. that being the case, i won't have to bring an oversized plastic case just to transport a drill and charger.

personally, i'd rather have one box/tool or the canvas bag.

caspian

p.s. i really wonder why they went the route of the bag vs. plastic box. injected moulded plastic boxes are cheap and only would have added $5 per set in quantity. i don't think price was a huge determining factor.

Comment

Originally posted by Caspian:
              i'm going to get stoned for asying this, but i like the canvas bag.
              here's why. i have the 3 piece set and all fit well with room for drill bits and blates. i can see the recip. saw making it tight.

however, the main reason i like the bag is that most of the time when i go to do a job, i won't need all 3 (or 4) pieces. that being the case, i won't have to bring an oversized plastic case just to transport a drill and charger.

personally, i'd rather have one box/tool or the canvas bag.

caspian

p.s. i really wonder why they went the route of the bag vs. plastic box. injected moulded plastic boxes are cheap and only would have added $5 per set in quantity. i don't think price was a huge determining factor.
              I agree with you (4 star member?) But the problem is that they used the same bag for both the 3 & my 4 pc set...Now if they come out with a little 12 volt charger we can carry/leave in the truck all the time and leave the 115 volt one in the shop I could live with that...

Comment

Originally posted by rrmcbride:
                [
                I agree with you (4 star member?) But the problem is that they used the same bag for both the 3 & my 4 pc set...Now if they come out with a little 12 volt charger we can carry/leave in the truck all the time and leave the 115 volt one in the shop I could live with that... [/QB][/QUOTE]

yeah, someone dogged me on the stars. i'm not sure if i can go on with life.

i like the idea of a separate charger bag. it would also prevent it from getting banged up with the tools. maybe a separate charger bag which clips on to the big bag if you want to keep them together.

(now quit drawing me into helpful and insightful posts, would ya)

caspian

Comment

In the bags defense, hard plastic cases are huge and bulky in the truck when you're always hauling your tools around.You ever try to fit a huge tool set case into a tool box?

Jon

Comment

Get off your *** Ridgid and address this problem!

Comment

i think i agree with the guys here. plastic case is very cheap so why not make it an optional accs.

Comment

Just a thought here.. You could order a case for the R84015 (18V drill/driver) from ridgid and that would give you proper storage for your drill charger and battery. Then there would be lots of room in the bag or build a case for the saws

Comment

That would be fine. Where can you order one? I havent seen it available.

Comment

The bag sucks.

I abuse my tools enough while using them. I don't want them getting beat up more just transporting them.

I also dont like having to empty the case to get at the tool on the bottom.

If you don't like the case, you can EASILY find a bag for the tools you would like to transport separately. It's not so easy to go the other way.

Any I don't want to hear about homemade cases.

Comment

I'm going to throw in my 2 cents in the unlikely event Ridgid actually reads these posts. If you do a case, please look at the new Porter Cable 895 router. It comes with 2 halves (one for each base type) that can dock together. A combo kit case should be similarly designed. Maybe one part of the case for drill, light and charger, and the other part for CS, RS and charger. Then the thing wouldn't be so heavy or large.

Comment

Working...
                              X