X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Table saw router adapter

I would like to see the ability to attach a router to the Ridgid TS2424 or TS2412 table saws. Sears has an accessory that does that including the safety guard.

I would also like to see a router attachment
    for the ts2412 table saw.

Comment

I would like to see it for the TS2424.
      Andy B.

Comment

I have seen the router extension Sears sell and with their idea I came home and built my own router table extension for my TS2424. It works great. I used that space on the left side of my wing between the rails and added a 12in x 27in x 3/4in mdf board with a laminate on top. I also cut a piece of plexiglass which I mount my router on to and can be dropped in the opening and removed easily for using the router elsewhere.

I also made a fence that I clamp to my rip fence for the router use. This way I have an inexpensive shaper.

Now I have the Porter Cable Spindle Sander which I am thinking about doing the same thing with on the other side.

Not only does it free your shop of some space, it also give you a larger working area for you saw.

Any way it works for me.....just my thoughts.

Good Luck......Scott

Comment

So jake what do you say?
          Andy B.

Comment

So ridgid what do you say?????
            Andy B.

Comment

Don't have a whole lot to say. The router table is a good idea but not something we are working on currently.

Jake

Comment

If not a router table how 'bout a work bench insert attachment for the router? I think they would sell like hot cakes. and give a lot of people an opportunity at the decision to modifying their shop made work surface. I had a hard time with the "What if I don't like the way it looks" part of that decision and would have bought an alternate mount for my router if it were available in a heart beat, but making a router table out of a work bench is a great excuse to work on the work space instead of getting stuff done (lol)
                \"The details are where you and your gods smile at each other...\"

Comment

Just wondering???

If you are supposed to be such handy men in our shops, why havn't you made your own router table wing yet ,huh??? I did about 3 years ago. I just take the left cast wing off & make a 18" wing out of 2 thickness of 3/4" counter top chip board with oak wrapped all around 4 sides covered with laminate (Formica). I cut & routed the center to accept 1/2" insert of phenolic for the router.

If the ladies don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy!!!!
                  Use safety devices or you may not need gloves.

Comment

Working...
                  X