Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

Need a machine....Ridgid...how about making it?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a machine....Ridgid...how about making it?

With some of the tightly curved features of some projects, I'm getting aweful tired fast of filing saw teeth marks out. So I'm in the market for a 1"x30" belt / 6" disc combination sander.
    Delta makes a couple and some off brand others with lower end units. But I would like one from Ridgid. I have grown accostomed to the quality and smooth operation of Ridgid.
    I have the spindle/belt sander but getting into tight V cuts is impossable with it.
    So what say ye Ridgid?
    Would sell me another universal stand with it!
    John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

If you don't want to wait a few years the Grizzly G1013 is worth looking into. Its a little larger than the one you described, 1x42 belt/8 disc, but the machines footprint is not that big and the bigger disc really comes in handy. This is a well built machine and virtually vibration free.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Thanks Dave!
      I've looked at that one too.
      The 30 inch belt will keep the price of belts minimul. Also, I quit doing auto body repair for 17 years about 7 years ago and I have a several rolls of 6" gold adhesive backed 3M discs layring around from 80 grit to 400. So investment for a 6" disc sander wouldn't include buying paper.
      It's hard to find that size combination in a decent machine.
      Even if it did take a couple years for Ridgid to get one on the market, I'd purchase it and sell/throw out/give away what ever I had purchased to get me by.
      Lowe's has the Delta model the same size as the Grizzly you mentioned for 88 bucks. I guess I can always just stick the 6" discs on the 8" face, haha.
      Any machine suggested is worth a look in my opinion, so don't be shy suggest even a low end unit.
      Thanks in Advance.
      John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

Can't help on the disks, but Econ-Abrasives sells 1x42 belts for the same price as 1x30, 81 cents.

You would have to buy a few to accomodate the shipping I guess. They are just up the road from me, I'm lucky on that one.

Dave

Comment

Working...
        X