X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• combo with a "RADIO" suggestion

I'm just a one and a half year apprentice, and I really don't have that much money. I went to home depot last week and saw that rigid came up with a new line of cordless power tools, but I was disapointed to see that rigid didn't come out with a radio. If rigid would have came out with a radio I wouldn't have even thought about and bought the combo. Now I am debating on going with the dewalt combo or milwaukee combo, just for that fact. I only use rigid tools at work. SO PLEASE COME OUT WITH A RADIO!

I agree I really enjoy the radio, it is really nice to have on the jobsite.I havent figured out why all the companies arent making them. I would buy the milwaukee set just for the stereo, and the good tools. Dewalts radio kinda sucks compared to the red one! We had one for a long time and nothing ever came in on it.

Jon

Comment

I'm Totaly with these guys, a radio is an important thing for me on my jobsites I just bought everything Rigid to start as a handy man with the hopes of contracting in a couple of years. I keep seeing the Bosch radio sitting on the shelf, and since my old jobsite radio is pretty much toast, Im finding it hard not to grab it. When I bought all my tools it was a tough decission between Rigid & Bosh, I havent been let down yet exept for the few items such as the radio. So if any body at Rigid is checking these posts, plese I'm begging you, come out with an 18v, corded/cordless, charging, CD playing, radio thats tough enough for the jobsite!

Comment

A nice feature to have in a jobsite radio would be the ability to monitor National Weather Service forcasts. If you live in tornado alley or anywhere it can be handy to know if a T-Storm is approaching or other weather conditions that could affect your work or safety for that matter. This I think would give a Ridgid jobsite radio/battery charger an edge over the competition.

Comment

I can not speek for ridgid but they may not be making one because I know that on many job sites radios are banned either by the owner of the company or by OSHA.

Comment

That may be true but for those who work for themselves or are allowed to have a radio playing it would be nice. Also, if one were not allowed to listen to the radio they can just turn it off and use the charge function only. This is the first time I have ever heard that OSHA may possibly not allow jobsite radios, anyone else heard this? I do know of worksites where the owner or client has not allowed radios to be used, and the reasons given validated the ban for that workplace.

Comment

A rough duty job site radio with single or better yet, dual charger would be great. The addition of a weather service frequency would be great, too.

Comment

I don't think you'll ever see a Ridgid charger radio combo. Their charger puts out way too much RF interference. If it's within 10 feet of my Milwaukee jobsite radio, the reception is trashed. That never happened with other brands of chargers I've owned. Ridgid would probably have to adopt a different charger technology first.

Comment

I would love too see a ridgid radio. i've been a long time ridgid owner and it burns me up too see radios from other tool makers because i know ridgid could do so much better, maybe mp3 player or that weather service or a power convertor so if any one at ridgid is reading these posts please just ay yes or no on the radio thing so that those of us who are waiting can make up our minds cause that busch radio is looking pretty good i just don't want to buy the tools to have something to charge thanks

Comment

Bosch has just come out with a radio, a pretty nice one in fact. So where is my RIDGID RADIO!? I have the cordless kit and I love it. I can drill through 3 2x4s with a 2 9/16" hole hawg bit, let's see Bosch or Dewalt do that. They've really made a great set of tools. I have been wondering when Ridgid would come out with cordless tools, and when they did, Iwent straight to Home Depot to price it out. Italked to a rep. for about an hour on just about every new tool they had just come out with and was very dissappointed that there was no radio.

Comment

I was in Home Depot today looking for a job site radio and saw three brands there, but none of them were Ridgid's. I have Ridgid tools and would love to have a radio/charger combo. I really don't care about CD's or MP3's as I dont have the time while working to be changing them. Besides, on a jobsite they are likely to get damaged anyway. So, Ridgid, please get one out soon.

Comment

I agree with everyone else here--we need a big honkin' , orange CD/radio.

Comment

I can't stand listenung to those de walt guys any longer, please give us tunes soon!!!

Comment

As long as they sell just the charger as well. Radios break too easy; I buy one seperate from my charger. That way I have it at other times as well--who wants to drag a heavy battery charger with them every time you go somewhere, just to listen to music?

Plus, when I work, I'm moving around the house too much. Small radio is easier to move than a charger set. You guys must be more stationary than me.

Is it a plug issue? If they just put an extra a/c plug socket on the charger, would that make everyone happy?

I'm not a construction worker, I'm the job planner for a team of 50 of them (heavy equipment operators, carpenters, electrical, etc.) I'm more of a "construction helper" when I'm on the site (I'll never be the expert they are, but I like to have hands-on knowledge and understanding). These guys (and some females) pretty much all have other jobs as well, working contract with other crews outside our company.

According to them, none of them think a radio/charger is a big deal, and there may be some tool envy, but no one teases each other over tools.

So am I working with an oddball bunch of people, or is radio/tool teasing a regional thing, or what's up with the obsession? (Of course, I don't understand the color obsession thread, either)

Comment

I agree a radio/cd/mp3 player would be great. But don't put a charger in it instead put 4 or 6 surge protected ac outlets spaced so you plug in ac adapters. That way Rigid could sell to people that used other brands of cordless tools or corded tools. You could plug the charger you already have into it.

Comment

Working...
                              X