X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dovetail jig that actually works

It sure would be nice if you could buy a dovetail jig under $200 that sets up in less time than it takes to cuts the joint by hand!! It should self-align the workpieces and have a bulletproof metal depth guage for precise bit depth settings.

I'd be happy to even see one for over $200.
    www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Try the Keller, easiest thing I ever used. It does not make half blind only full dovetails. It was under $200.
      Steve

Comment

Greetings,

What is the difference between a half-blind and a full dovetail? Is a template made that will accomadate both?

Also, will the Ridgid TS3650 table saw support a Router?

Finally, I've noticed on router tables that some show the router mounted from underneath. What is the purpose of this? What little routing I have done in the past has been from atop.

Sorry for all the questions...very new to this.

Comment

lgldsr
          There are some applications that can not be safety done with a hand held, One is raised panel doors. Many operation are easier on a table and you can add dust collection.
          Steve

Comment

Igldsr, the link below shows pictures of the router table I made for the TS3650
            router.htm

Comment

For those who would like a primer on dovetails, with pictures, this is a good site to look at.

http://mail.friendlycity.net/~krucke...tailjoints.htm

Comment

Working...
              X