X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metal Detector

Why doesn't Ridgid make metal detectors for finding underground valves/ metal pipes...

Kevin,
    As much as we'd like to be all things to all people, that's not always practical. There are companies out there who are doing a dandy job of making metal pipe detectors and our marketing people are aware of them. In our opinion at this time, the industry doesn't need someone coming along with a "me too" offering in a market that is pretty well saturated unless the product would be revolutionary. At this time, our focus in the inspection/detection field is to supply one of the most reliable and versatile video inspection and line locating systems on the market -- The RIDGID SeeSnake. For more information on this product line, visit our web site at Ridgid.com and click on Products, Related Products, SeeSnake.

Comment

Re: Metal Detector

Originally posted by TOOLTIME View Post
      Kevin,
      As much as we'd like to be all things to all people, that's not always practical. There are companies out there who are doing a dandy job of making metal pipe detectors and our marketing people are aware of them. In our opinion at this time, the industry doesn't need someone coming along with a "me too" offering in a market that is pretty well saturated unless the product would be revolutionary. At this time, our focus in the inspection/detection field is to supply one of the most reliable and versatile video inspection and line locating systems on the market -- The RIDGID SeeSnake. For more information on this product line, visit our web site at Ridgid.com and click on Products, Related Products, SeeSnake.
      How hard would it be to incorporate metal detector capabilities into a locator?
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
      ---------
      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
      ---------
      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I'd like to see RIDGID make a metal detector ;-) (one of my hobbies) Compete with Garrett, Whites, and MineLab

Kevin, out of curiosity, what type of metal detector are you talking about? The kind you can find any type of metal with? One problem with those is they dont go much past 10 inches.

Josh

Comment

Since we've given up on Ridgid offering any real tools and have moved to hobby ideas.how about remote controlled cars? Maybe something for the kids like a Ridgid battery powered power wheels jeep? This is a great Forum with some real smart and caring folks, but whoever is running Ridgid has a strange way of keeping loyal customers and drawing new ones. Can you imagine what the heads of Ryobi, Dewalt, Milwaukee, and Bosch to name a few must think? They are marketing and selling a wide range of tools. The Ridgid warranty is a great sales gimmick, but they need to offer some more competitive tools in my opinion. Build a broader base then make the unique tools. I know they could not make a jobsite radio with a battery charger because of patent issues, but does the same hold true for all the other tools they don't offer?

Comment

9 years man. 9 years. Let the metal detector go.

Frankie, you don't want any Ridgid-Chinese-Made-Battery tools anyway. Right?

J.C.
            Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 10-28-2009, 11:41 PM. Reason: Had to fix my own mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
              8 years man. 8 years. Let the metal detector go.

Frankie, you don't want any Ridgid-Chinese-Made-Battery tools anyway. Right?

J.C.
              9-years
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                9-years
                Just wanted to see if you were still alive.

(I did miss it. Now I know why I'm going broke.)

What day is it?

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                X