X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Sawblade Clock !!!

I just walked in from the shop where I finished assemling the last of 9 drawers for yet another cabinet for my shop. (I NEED MORE CLAMPS, donations accepted)
    Anyways, I looked on the wall above the RAS to see what time it was, and almost got sick.
    Not because of what time it was, because the saw tooth clock on my wall says *bites tounge* Grizzly.
    I have 10 pcs of Ridgid machinery, and ZERO Grizzly. How nice it would be to look on the wall and see a nice saw tooth clock with the Big Red RIDGID name on it!
    How about my fellow woodworkers, whouldn't you like one of those too?
    John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Woody, my TS2424 came with a clock kit. The mechanism was missing, but the background was there...

Dave
    (kidding, that's actually not a half bad blade, for coming with a saw)

Comment

I agree Dave, if not for desperation in the middle of the night, I'm sure I'd be using my Ridgid blade still.
      But in the attemps to finish something *racks brain to remember what* I grabed a piece of 2x2 from a old bench I disassembled and began cutting. Low and behold if there wasn't a broken tip off a 1/8" drill embedded in the darn thing. Not only did it screw the blade up, but it shot it out at the fence putting a nasty raised gouge in the fence, and pushed the blade into the insert where a nice little saw tooth notch will remain forever.
      Needless to say, fence and trunnion needed realigning after that. AND, what ever I was working on didn't get finished because I yet to have a spare blade! @#$%&
      Moral of the story?
      Desperate measures lead to costly mistakes.
      Live and learn, but don't repeat.
      John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

EEeeyow! Look at the bright side, at least it didn't make like a .125 caliber bullet and ventilate you.

I'll think of you every time someone complains about hitting a nail. Drill rod, now that's hard.

Dave

Comment

Man that coulda hurt Woody...glad you weren't too close to it.

Dave, you're a funny one....clock kit....

Yep sign me up, I'd buy one in a heart beat!
          Kelly C. Hanna<br /><a href=\"http://www.hannawoodworks.com\" target=\"_blank\">Hanna Woodworks</a>

Comment

You know as much as i hate to admit it (it just sounds childish to me)i really want a saw blade clock with ridgids name on it too
            \"practice is like farting; only you can do it yourself\' and no one can do it for you\"-sawaki kodo (zen master)

Comment

Working...
            X