X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gutter vacuum

I would like to see a wet/dry vac that can have 40,50' of hose at a nice diameter to clean out rain gutters on homes. is this sort of idea possible? I looked into a yard vac with hose attachment, but the 2 manufactures I talked to say it won't work because of the length and height thay would be needed

I don't think a shop vac can deliver enough air flow for something like that.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Thanks for answering back. I would think there would be a market for the idea. with a 4.25 hp ridgid vac 5' off the ground, I ran a trial.It sucked up the material fine but clogged at the vac where the hose attaches. My thinking was if it had a 3" opening with maybe an 8hp motor, i would have a winner.Even a 3" opening on a backpack type of vac would work. My mind keeps going through the motions of how I can make my business go faster without spending an arm and a leg for the tool. I may have to invent the item myself.

Comment

Dear Bob - on the gutter vacuum

I have designed and built the unit you are looking for and use it daily in my gutter cleaning business. Send me an email at jgclean@rochester.rr.com to discuss further.

Comment

Originally posted by jgclean
          I have designed and built the unit you are looking for and use it daily in my gutter cleaning business. Send me an email at jgclean@rochester.rr.com to discuss further.

Wye not post some photos and share it with all of us
          Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
          http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
          http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

I thought Sears had a gutter cleaning attachment for their vacs. It would work on other makes also. As I remember it is composed of two wand extensions and a 135 deg bend (what they call a 'Gutter Nozzle') that you put on top to reach into the gutter along with your existing shop-vac hose and wands.

I guess adding an intermeadiate seperator would be a plus as a shop-vac's small hopper can fill quickly with leaves. Add a home made cyclone seperator to fit your favorite 32 gal or larger trashcan out of plywood and a couple fittings and you'll be all set.

Craftsman Gutter Cleaning Accessory Kit

Sears item #00916935000 Mfr. model #16935
            ---------------
            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
            ---------------
            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
            ---------
            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
            ---------
            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Dear HVAC HAWK,
              Here is a product description and a picture.
              See my website for more info: www.joesguttercleaning.com

GUTTER CLEANING TOOL WITH HIGH VACUUM SUCTION
              FOR COMMERCIAL AND RESIDENTIAL USE
              System Includes: US Made Commercial Vacuum System Head, 13 Feet of Suction Hose, 8 Suction Tubes, Suction Nozzle Head Attachments, Instruction Manual, 2 Hours of Toll Free Phone Time to Technical Service on System Operation.
              Works on the same principle as your city/town truck vacuum that collects leaves from the road side. The System is used daily in my Gutter Cleaning Company. Access to the gutters is from the ground using extension tubes allowing you to clean the second story of homes. As you do not need ladders to clean the gutters you are able to complete the cleaning task faster and safer. System Collects wet or dry: Leaves - Maple/Oak, Pine Needles as well as roof tile grit. Customers love the Vacuum Cleaning process as all the debris is collected into a container. Other cleaning processes like High Pressure Washing and Blowing the Debris from the gutter leave the residence and surrounding landscapes littered with gutter crud
              Attached Files
              Last edited by jgclean; 05-11-2006, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Doesn't look much different than the one Sears sells.
                ---------------
                Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                ---------------
                “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                ---------
                "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                ---------
                sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Looks can be deceiving - performance on cleaning the gutter debris is what counts. After four years of trying different designs and cleaning over 300+ gutters with this system I assure you this works!

Comment

jgclean

looks good thanks
                    Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                    http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by imported_Bob A. Booey
                      Thanks for answering back. I would think there would be a market for the idea. with a 4.25 hp ridgid vac 5' off the ground, I ran a trial.It sucked up the material fine but clogged at the vac where the hose attaches. My thinking was if it had a 3" opening with maybe an 8hp motor, i would have a winner.Even a 3" opening on a backpack type of vac would work. My mind keeps going through the motions of how I can make my business go faster without spending an arm and a leg for the tool. I may have to invent the item myself.
                      Hey Bob,
                      have you made any progress in regards to developing you personalized gutter vacuum? There is the gutter vacuum Joe offers but am not sure it kicks out enough power. I am lookin to advance my buisness with such a tool. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Comment

Two vacs

Why not get another high horsepower Ridgid vac and connect the two with a Y ?? Would double up the sucking power of just one and may pull clogs through any narrow passages. Borrow a friend or neighbors shop vac to test it out first before investing in a second vac if you're not sure it'll do the job.
                        Jim Don

Comment

Gutter Keeper.

Been in development over 5 years and field tested and improved upon for the last year, now ready to hit the market.

http://upkeeper.com/guttervid1.html

THE Best way to clean gutters from the ground.
                          Also cleans leaves or litter on the ground.
                          Attached Files

Comment

We plan to offer two different versions of the Gutter Keeper.
                            One for Heavy use and one for Intemitant use.

Many companys simply dont have enough gutter cleaning business to run one of these machines all day every day or provide services other than just gutter cleaning.
                            Here we recommend the "Medium duty" Machine which is priced right around $

However for those that can put the machine to use day in and day out, we recommend the "Heavy duty" Model that is shown on our website.
                            The price on this machine is $

The difference in the two models is in the motor and blower and the intake manifold being smaller on the "Medium duty" model.

Both units come with the same standard gutter cleaning tools and acessories and both will reach up to 25 feet.

Any questions about these machines can be answered by emailing aaron@upkeeper.com.
                            Last edited by Gutter Keeper Guy; 01-23-2008, 01:55 PM.

Comment

I just used my Ridge Shop Vac with the sear gutter attachment and it worked great. The kit comes with two sections of tubing and I added two more from the shop vac and still had suction to add more tubes.
                              Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X