X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metal Chop Saw CM1450

I am in the market for a metal chop (cut off) saw. I have looked at Makita, DeWalt, Milwaukee, Ryobi, Sears, and Ridgid. In my opinion, the Ridgid metal chop saw (CM1450) has the best design for the metal base, clamping system, angle indexing, and operator handle. The only negative design feature of the Ridgid CM1450 is the flimsy blade guard. I would suggest that a Ridgid designer take a look at the competion's chop saws for a better blade guard design.

Originally posted by tknudsen:
    I am in the market for a metal chop (cut off) saw. I have looked at Makita, DeWalt, Milwaukee, Ryobi, Sears, and Ridgid. In my opinion, the Ridgid metal chop saw (CM1450) has the best design for the metal base, clamping system, angle indexing, and operator handle. The only negative design feature of the Ridgid CM1450 is the flimsy blade guard. I would suggest that a Ridgid designer take a look at the competion's chop saws for a better blade guard design.
    I'm not up on if this CM1450 is a new/updated design..I have had a Ridgid 14" chop saw about 4 years and I have had no problems with it...But like I said not sure if this is a newer OWT one.

Comment

I have the new 1450 chop saw.What I really like is the ease in which I can read the angle on the index guide. This saw cuts, and I am very pleased with its power.

Comment

Working...
      X