• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Newman View Post
    Cordless right angle drill.
    Quality tool belt.
    Biscuit joiner.
    I'm with you on the biscuit joiner. My current fav. (which I almost bought a few days ago) is the Porter Cable 557. I'm surprised that Ridgid hasn't come out with one, it's such a common/popular tool.

Comment

"...My current fav. (which I almost bought a few days ago) is the Porter Cable 557..."

What could they (Ridgid) do to make theirs any better that you (or anyone else) would choose the Ridgid over the PC? Can you think of a feature or change that would improve usability that the PC does not have? And you have to keep the price in line with the DW or PC versions, unless you want to go all out and take on the Lamello (the original), which goes for better than $600. If you already had a DW or PC, would you dump it for a Ridgid just to have all orange tools or because of the LSA?
      "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
      John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

I was actually thinking of a cordless biscuit joiner...
        That would come in handy when doing a few door casings...

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
          "...My current fav. (which I almost bought a few days ago) is the Porter Cable 557..."

What could they (Ridgid) do to make theirs any better that you (or anyone else) would choose the Ridgid over the PC? Can you think of a feature or change that would improve usability that the PC does not have? And you have to keep the price in line with the DW or PC versions, unless you want to go all out and take on the Lamello (the original), which goes for better than $600. If you already had a DW or PC, would you dump it for a Ridgid just to have all orange tools or because of the LSA?
          Bob-
          The one thing that would swing me from the PC is the adjustment knobs on the fence. I believe it was the left side. I wasn't able to remove enough of the hardware to make the side of my biscuit joiner go flush against the side of a cabinet.

My favorite thing about the PC is the grip tape that exists along the entire face of the tool (something the DW doesn't have). Although I don't find them a feature, some find LED lights to be a great addition as well.

However, in terms of tools, why did Ridgid come out with a router, when there's some pretty established products out already? I want an alternative to the PC, that won't break the bank, but works just as well.

Originally posted by Newman View Post
          I was actually thinking of a cordless biscuit joiner...
          That would come in handy when doing a few door casings...
          I would echo Newman on his cordless idea, as long as the battery part doesn't get in the way of any of the operations.

Comment

COrdless nailers

Ridgid needs to make Cordless Nailers and staplers, as well as a router. Since they do have a 24V battery the router should work cool.

Comment

In all of my sacramento stores, they are showing the impact wrench on thiier board, but they say wrong SKU or when I ask one of the HD associated, they have no idea what i'm talking about..

Comment

Re: The tools that Ridgid should make.

heywood wrote: "- 1-3/4hp hybrid saw with upgraded fence options"

I too think RIDGID should offer a hybrid saw, but I get a step up on the competition a notch or two with the following;
                • A good (US made, maybe by Emerson?) 2HP motor, plus an optional 3 HP motor.
                • Magnetic starter.
                • A cabinet with built-in mobile base similar to the PM2000.
                • Riving knife w/overhead arm blade guard (license the SharkGuard® design from Lee maybe).
                • Router mount in one of the wings that can be mounted on the left or right side of the saw, no add-on router table wing to buy.
                "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Drum (table) sanders 13"-18"-24", Ridgid needs to make this machine, I used (Jet) mine more then the planer, now I'm in need of another, can't decide which model or brand. Though the 13" is just not wide enough for my usage, I'm sure it would for a lot of other woodworkers. So come on Ridgid how about a Table Sander...
                  Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

I know these have probably already been listed, but never hurts to add to the numbers....would love to see Cordless RIDGID Maxselect or 24XLI
                    1. Cut-off/Grinder
                    2. Right Angle Drill
                    3. Impact Wrench

Comment

I would love to see a true right angle cordless drill. Give the Ridgid one a good 24 Volt motor and beefy gearing. Make it like a little Milwaukee HoleHawg in style, but cordless and not as big, but in the same style.

Comment

I sure could use an 8' Ridgid step ladder. A self snaping chuck line and a Ridgid brand wood plane that is as good as a Stanley Bailey!
                        For real!!!
                        Last edited by bob bridgewater; 02-14-2007, 12:58 AM.
                        =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
                        Be safe out there folks
                        Bob B
                        =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Comment

What i really need to see ridgid come out with is....
                          #1 wood shaper
                          #2 8" jointer
                          #3 wood shaper
                          #4 and oh yeah ....a wood shaper
                          Id love to see them come out with a decent wood shaper in the $300-$400 range. ARE there any decent shapers out there in that range?I see the cheap delta shopmasters and others just over $100 and i see loads from $600 well into the thousands. Seems like ridgid would have a market there.
                          \"practice is like farting; only you can do it yourself\' and no one can do it for you\"-sawaki kodo (zen master)

Comment

I wish Ridgid would make...

An electric demolition hammer in a few different sizes...

Lighter:
                            Something like the Dewalt D25940K
                            http://www.dewalt.com/us/products/to...productID=5631

or the Hilti TE 905 AVR
                            http://www.us.hilti.com/holus/module...jsp?OID=-12023

Medium:
                            Something to compete with the unit I currently own, Hitachi H65SC
                            http://www.hitachi-koki.com/powertoo...5sc/h65sc.html

Heavy:
                            and something to give the Bosch Brute11304 a run for the money
                            http://www.boschtools.com/tools/tool...=54916&I=55042

I would also make sure that good strong (and long) spade bits are available for all except the heavy class demolition hammers.
                            http://www.us.hilti.com/holus/module....jsp?OID=12300
                            I couldn't imagine hoisting that thing very far off the ground for too long

I use a spade bit with my Hitachi for digging post holes, footings etc. along with an assortment of bars, post hole digger and shovel. I find it indespensable and way quicker then any other method. There is no ground, asphalt, concrete etc. that I can't pentrate

I think Ridgid could do well in this line
                            Cheers! - Jim
                            -------------
                            All truth passes through three stages: First it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Schopenhauer

Comment

How about a Radio? My jobsite radio is on the fritz and would love a battery charger/radio from them. With a 12-18v charger and 24v charger built in, would be PERFECT for what I need. Why havent they done this already?

Comment

Oh another thing... where is the Hardiboard nailer? I really would like a coil siding nailer! I have had great luck with the Ridgid Finish nailers, roof nailer and framing nailer, so a siding nailer would be killer. I will be in the market for one of these in about 2 months, so Ridgid, get on the ball on this one! Or maybe a conversion kit for my Roofing nailer I already have...?

While I am at it how about a Hardiboard shear? That would be right on the money. I got two houses to build this year and 2 more to reside, and they all get Hardiboard siding!
                                Last edited by Alphacowboy; 03-17-2007, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X