Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
The tools that Ridgid should make. Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: The tools that Ridgid should make.

    12" double bevel miter saw,and put the metal lower guard back on the 18v circular saw

    Comment


    • #32
      Re: The tools that Ridgid should make.

      this?

      http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/MS1290LZ...-Saw/index.htm
      Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

      http://www.contractorspub.com

      A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

      Comment


      • #33
        Re: The tools that Ridgid should make.

        i think he means one that is not the slider
        9/11/01, never forget.

        Comment


        • #34
          Re: The tools that Ridgid should make.

          A tool like the festool domino would be nice.

          Comment


          • #35
            Re: The tools that Ridgid should make.

            Shop Tools...
            ridgid shaper, full size shop air compressor(60 gal or so), dust collector all sizes big and small, hybrid saw (optional bisymer... fence), large drum sander, scroll saw
            Cordless and corded Tools....
            1/2" Impact wrench, high speed rotary drywall tool, grinder/cut off tool, biscut jointer, nial guns(cordless), garden tool line,
            More, More, More...

            Comment


            • #36
              Re: The tools that Ridgid should make.

              Originally posted by pembedm View Post
              Shop Tools...
              ridgid shaper, full size shop air compressor(60 gal or so), dust collector all sizes big and small, hybrid saw (optional bisymer... fence), large drum sander, scroll saw
              Cordless and corded Tools....
              1/2" Impact wrench, high speed rotary drywall tool, grinder/cut off tool, biscut jointer, nial guns(cordless), garden tool line,
              More, More, More...
              They do have somewhat of a garden tool line. There are really nice RIDGID branded shovels/rakes with bright orange fiberglass handles.

              Comment


              • #37
                Re: The tools that Ridgid should make.

                A table saw that's a smaller/lighter version of the TS3660 or a TS2410 offered with an induction motor. Hard part is keeping the price affordable.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Re: The tools that Ridgid should make.

                  well lets see; tapered dwv socket bits ,copper resizing 1/2 thru 2 inside and out, pencil reamer, dinky pipe stands, large o.d. tube bender, 2 1/8 and 2 9/16 stud punch, vinyl coated strap wrench, copper cleaner after soldering, jobsite digital camera, flame retardent long sleeve t-shirt, 100% cotton pants in blue collar colors, lojac chips for tools,hand held core drill,bits that drill glazed tile with ease, porta power clamping, white t-shirt old school ridgid logo(interlocking d and g)pipe wrench and ball pien hammer crossed on back(black on white) chrome plated pipe wrenchs,pocket srewdriver with the magnet on the end,solar flashlite voltaic cell on dash or above mirror,f-350 ridgid edition, ashtray for cigars,1/4 ton lever hoist,forstner bit sharpener,scanner -locater for concrete,hole saws deep enough to drill a 2x4 on a 45,light to medium duty air skates,

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Re: The tools that Ridgid should make.

                    I don't mind repeating myself, here goes. I/2 inch heavy duty 18/24 volt impact gun with minimum 240 ft lbs of torque and keep it under $120.00. 18/24 volt grinder. Cordless miter saw. Cordless LED worklight.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Re: The tools that Ridgid should make.

                      What about a Cordless table saw?
                      Andy B.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Re: The tools that Ridgid should make.

                        Originally posted by Andy B. View Post
                        What about a Cordless table saw?
                        I'm willing to bet some bright tool designer could easily put together a 18volt 8" power head that could be swithced between a portable table saw frame and sliding compound or simple compound mitre frame. Ryobi was able to amke a decent 8 1/4" 18volt mitre saw a couple years ago and it was inexpensive. The base for a portable table saw is also very inexpensive and like I said some bright designer could easliy figure out how to make both frames work with the same powerhead and for cheap. Come on Ridgid, build it and see how many you sell! Still waiting for that 1/2" heavy duty cordless impact gun similar to the one DeWalt, Makita, Milwaukee and others already make.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Re: The tools that Ridgid should make.

                          Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                          Still waiting for that 1/2" heavy duty cordless impact gun similar to the one DeWalt, Makita, Milwaukee and others already make.

                          I have the Milwaukee V28 impact wrench and it's too much power. Then again, better too much......
                          I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Re: The tools that Ridgid should make.

                            Originally posted by tinmack View Post
                            I have the Milwaukee V28 impact wrench and it's too much power. Then again, better too much......
                            Lucky guy! Ingersoll Rand makes a 19.2 volt impact that put out 360ft lbs. Why can't Ridgid offer such a tool? I'm also bugging the Forum over at Ryobi for the same tool.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Re: The tools that Ridgid should make.

                              Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                              Lucky guy! Ingersoll Rand makes a 19.2 volt impact that put out 360ft lbs. Why can't Ridgid offer such a tool? I'm also bugging the Forum over at Ryobi for the same tool.

                              I think Ridgid's tool line is in a state of flux right now, considering how they're clearing out the 24 volt line, the MaxSelect line, and the mess that the 18 volt lithium intro was with the two different sizes of batteries.

                              MaxSelect was a great option, some nice tools there. I had the V28 Milwaukee before that though, and they've added some tools to the line so I don't think the immediate danger of discontinuation is there.

                              That didn't stop me from grabbing all the MaxSelect when they went on sale here last fall. Well worth grabbing the compact drill set for the batteries as well.

                              Rumour is that Milwaukee is clearing out there V18 stuff to make way for new tools. I guess the fact you could use the 18 volt lithium tools in the older Nicad drills didn't register enough new tool sales.

                              Ridgid SHOULD have, in my opinion only, expanded the 24 volt line/MaxSelect line, even phasing out the 18 volt line other than batteries. Seems like they're hedging their bets on 18 volt and killing the 24. Considering you've got Dewalt with a 36 volt line, I don't know how much of the heavy duty market Ridgid is looking for.

                              Considering the disappointment with the radio, which no doubt translated into disappointing sales, I'd say grab up whatever tools from the existing/MasSelect line that you don't have. You might never see them again.

                              As far as new tools, if they come, I'd say you'll have to buy new batteries to use them.

                              As I've noted before, very hard to get all you want in one complete tool line.

                              The only thing that might satisfy your craving, Frankie, would be the MaxSelect impact gun(if you can find one) used with the 24 volt batteries(again, if you can find them). Specs show higher RPM with the 24 volt batteries, yet I don't know if that means higher torque. Someone on here probably knows better than I do.

                              Other than that, Ridgid doesn't seem to be showing their cards.
                              I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Re: The tools that Ridgid should make.

                                Originally posted by tinmack View Post
                                I think Ridgid's tool line is in a state of flux right now, considering how they're clearing out the 24 volt line, the MaxSelect line, and the mess that the 18 volt lithium intro was with the two different sizes of batteries.

                                MaxSelect was a great option, some nice tools there. I had the V28 Milwaukee before that though, and they've added some tools to the line so I don't think the immediate danger of discontinuation is there.

                                That didn't stop me from grabbing all the MaxSelect when they went on sale here last fall. Well worth grabbing the compact drill set for the batteries as well.

                                Rumour is that Milwaukee is clearing out there V18 stuff to make way for new tools. I guess the fact you could use the 18 volt lithium tools in the older Nicad drills didn't register enough new tool sales.

                                Ridgid SHOULD have, in my opinion only, expanded the 24 volt line/MaxSelect line, even phasing out the 18 volt line other than batteries. Seems like they're hedging their bets on 18 volt and killing the 24. Considering you've got Dewalt with a 36 volt line, I don't know how much of the heavy duty market Ridgid is looking for.

                                Considering the disappointment with the radio, which no doubt translated into disappointing sales, I'd say grab up whatever tools from the existing/MasSelect line that you don't have. You might never see them again.

                                As far as new tools, if they come, I'd say you'll have to buy new batteries to use them.

                                As I've noted before, very hard to get all you want in one complete tool line.

                                The only thing that might satisfy your craving, Frankie, would be the MaxSelect impact gun(if you can find one) used with the 24 volt batteries(again, if you can find them). Specs show higher RPM with the 24 volt batteries, yet I don't know if that means higher torque. Someone on here probably knows better than I do.

                                Other than that, Ridgid doesn't seem to be showing their cards.
                                Thanks for the good info. I want/need a real powerful 1/2 impact and the 24volt select max is nowhere close to the torque of these heavy duty tools. My need is not so urgent that I can't hold off a while and keep using my corded impact, but I do want such a tool. Hey, if Ridgid and Ryobi don't get off their butts and make this tool, I'll be forced to buy from some other manufacturer. That Ingersoll Rand is tempting, they also make a LED work light. EBay has some decent prices. Come on Ridgid, give us some more tools, please and pack a couple of them 3.0 AH lithiums and a charger in the box. Hey, anyone know if I can charge a lithium in the older nicad charger?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X