Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The tools that Ridgid should make.

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
    T Hey, anyone know if I can charge a lithium in the older nicad charger?
    Please don't try it. You'll most likely have the battery catch fire or the charger burn up. Then you'll have to fast

Comment

Originally posted by Old Grunter View Post
      Please don't try it. You'll most likely have the battery catch fire or the charger burn up. Then you'll have to fast
      First of all, Welcome to the Forum and hope you enjoy it here. I added that last question about charging lithuims in the older nicad chargers as part of a running joke . That question has been batted back and forth for a long time on many threads, so once in a while it gets brought up again. On a serious note, if I remember correctly we were told that the lithiums have a built in safety and they could be charged on the nicad chargers! Some of the folks here still thought that was a bad idea and I agree, but the experts at Ridgid say otherwise. Lots of strange things happens here.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
        Thanks for the good info. I want/need a real powerful 1/2 impact and the 24volt select max is nowhere close to the torque of these heavy duty tools. My need is not so urgent that I can't hold off a while and keep using my corded impact, but I do want such a tool. Hey, if Ridgid and Ryobi don't get off their butts and make this tool, I'll be forced to buy from some other manufacturer. That Ingersoll Rand is tempting, they also make a LED work light. EBay has some decent prices. Come on Ridgid, give us some more tools, please and pack a couple of them 3.0 AH lithiums and a charger in the box. Hey, anyone know if I can charge a lithium in the older nicad charger?
        The Ingersoll Rand impact kit is on eBay for $289.95, and you can get a Milwaukee V28 Impact kit for $299. At least with the V28 you could use the batteries in some other tools......
        I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

On second look, Frankie, that Ingersoll Rand is Nicad batteries. Myself, I'd avoid anything that wasn't lithium.......
          I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

It would be really nice for Ridgid to produce an 8" jointer similar to the Grizzly GO490

Comment

1/2" heavy duty impact wrench. I know, I know, you guys are thinking "Why didn't I suggest this tool?". Well now that the cat's out of the bag so to say I'm sure it won't be long before we see this tool in Home Depot with a big "Ridgid" logo on it.

Comment

good day.

i have approached sony canada regarding my "idea". they very nicely told me they won't even look at me unless i have a patent. makes vinsense to me. sounds like they want to see how serious i am.

-rigid should make a mini micro-wave oven for the plumbing van. one that could plug into the power oulet. a hot meal in the middle of the day is good fuel.

Comment

I'd like to see a cordless belt sander. like the small porter cable for finish work would be nice. Then I wouldn't have to make such a big job of sanding out graffitti (scratched) into Stainless steel bathroon stalls

Peter

Comment

a mulit-tool with all the screwdriver heads including the "robertson #8". could make it an integral part of the plier's jaw tips. would double as fine needle nose.

Comment

Working...
                    X