flush cut saw / mitter saw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flush cut saw / mitter saw

today i just bought a new tool it's a bosch flush cut saw with the mitter attachment pretty cool tool ,but why not make it cordless it would be ideal to cut casings when you doing tile, or laminate floors or just cuting a quick mitter or those times when you only have to do one door or one window or shoe molding it would be a lot easier than dragging mitter saw up the stairs and also it would a solution for the idea of a battery powered mitter saw that to me me sounds good but not very practical since you would have to carry two of the same tool , so ridgid think about it because i actually never seen one of the tools sugested in this forumbeing made

years ago the old version of this was called a back saw,

I am glad you were able to get the tool I love tools as much as any one (ask my wife),

but some times I am supprized at the new tools and people,
    some times I wonder if any one can use a hammer or a chisel or a hand saw any more, (at one time entire houses were built with out power tools),
    ON another post read where they should make a cordless blower to blow off tools as many tirm carpenters no longer carry an air compresser, (I am guessing that do to the "cordless" air tools.)

has any one heard of a brush, last time I looked brushes were still cordless.
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

BHD,

Your comment brought a smile. I too have read the many threads regarding tools or the lack there off, when there is NO power. Perhaps it's an "age" thing, but there seems to be very few people who consider anything that isn't run by electricity, especially in recharge battery form.

Sort of makes my old wood brace and bit set, the hand saws, hammer and nail sets sort of a lost and rather ancient set of tools. Same too, with the old drawing board, triangles, and ellipse templates.

Thanks for the comment,

CWS

Comment

hand tools are fine and i have a expansive collection of them , but when time is of the essence as when you're charging a costumer by the hour i think it's more than fair to do the job as fast as possible ,being careful not to drop the quality of the work so that being said , im a big fan of the new or improved tools

Comment

Charging by the hour IS when you should use hand tools. When paid by the job, get more power.

Comment

honesty always pays up in the long run

Comment

Originally posted by tonnydoodles
              honesty always pays up in the long run
              I couldn't agree more!
              I pride myself in doing quality work and at a fair price - in fact often times I don't charge my customers enough. On the other hand, my customers are always pleased and word of mouth spreads like a wild fire. Unfortunately too many so-called "professionals" today do horrendous work and piss-off their customers only to lose future business. What a way to build a reputation!
              just my 2 cents...

Comment

IN many instances hand tools are just as fast as a power tool in the completion of the job, (example, neighbor want a bolt cut, he said it could only be done with a cutting torch, so I loaded up my torch and hauled it over to the location, and seeing the situation I would have been less time with a hack saw, probably just a few Min's cutting time with the saw, and about 35 Min's loading and unloading and travel, (yes the time to cut the bolt was less but the over all job was longer),

and even other tools that are noted for being faster, framing nailer's, my son and I were building a wall for an addition on his home, we only had one nailer, I took out my old framing hammer, and handing him the nailer, and started on the wall he on one plate and I was nailing the top plate on to the studs, I was able to nail the top plate faster than he was able to move and nail the bottom plate on,
                and on some items if there are a number of things to do power is great as the set up time is worth the effort, but on others the hand tools are faster in an over all start to finish yes to use a router to cut out a hinge seat is faster normally than using a hammer and chisel but if your only doing one or two many times by the time you get the set up and work done and clean up done, most of the time if your proficient with the hand tools the hand tools will be faster,

one of the really big advantages with a power tool some one who is basically minimal skilled can produce work that other wise would beyond there ability,
                (taking the example of the router and hinge, the router controls the depth, and the cut, all the operator has to do is guide it, and if a template is used , once properly set up, basically some one with just the ability to read a tape measure and hold a router, can produce a good hinge seat).

and now days most people learn on power tools and really don't know how to use hand tools to really any form of proficiency,

both hand and power tools have a place, and one is not necessary faster or better, there are times one is better for a job than the other, a lot depends on set up, skill, and frequency of job,

(and normally I prefer power over hand on a job site)
                Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                attributed to Samuel Johnson
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Working...
                X