Propress for Refrigeration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propress for Refrigeration

I think the same idea that has been applied for plumbing needs to be brought to the refrigeration market. That would speed up down time for costly frozen or cold storage material/foods.

What is your thoughts?
    Daniel

daniel, propress can be used for refrigeration. check the spec sheet for the fluid compatiable o-ring material and pressure and temperature ratings.

if not post your specs. and we can look it up for comparison.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I am looking for the system to do: 3/8, 1/2, 5/8, 3/4, 7/8, 1 1/8, 1 3/8, 1 5/8, 2 1/8, 2 5/8, & 3 1/8 O.D. I know that they make the jaws for the 1/2-2 but that does not meet all the needs of the system.

The experience that I have had with rubber and refrigerant oil has not been good. Poly Ester Oil (POE) is the main one used in just about every kind now. Look and see in the submital for the o-rings and see if they are approved for this use.
      Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel HVACR
        I am looking for the system to do: 3/8, 1/2, 5/8, 3/4, 7/8, 1 1/8, 1 3/8, 1 5/8, 2 1/8, 2 5/8, & 3 1/8 O.D. I know that they make the jaws for the 1/2-2 but that does not meet all the needs of the system.

The experience that I have had with rubber and refrigerant oil has not been good. Poly Ester Oil (POE) is the main one used in just about every kind now. Look and see in the submital for the o-rings and see if they are approved for this use.
        just a few different fluids i've listed.

chilled water w/ corrision inhibitors 50%max ethelyne glycol or propylene glycol.
        hydronic heating
        low pressure steam
        butylene glycol.

these are not freon. the typical temp and pressure ratings are 0 - 250f pressure up to 200 psi.

freon systems are beyond these #s

the jaws are sized for 1/2'' - 4'' copper. not refrigeration sizes. even though you subtract the 1/8'' = plumbing trade sizes.

you should be able to look up all these tables on this site or "viega'' site.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks Rick

I will see you around.
          Daniel

Comment

Working...
          X