Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deal on 24v XLI at HD

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    ok that is is a good point and one that i did not think of. see i do admit it when i am wrong even if i don't like to lol
    9/11/01, never forget.

    Comment


    • #17
      OSC You're a good member so please don't feel bad. I bark way too much myself.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Woussko View Post
        Paladin2025 might be thinking that now that the special offer is over that in order to keep sales up, that the prices of the combo kits would need to be lowered some.

        Example: To boost sales gasoline station (A) gives you a free quart of oil for every 25 gallons of gasoline you buy there and to get the free oil, you need to show your receipts as proof of purchase. Please note that this is only for a limited time. Soon they stop giving out the oil. Down the road a short ways is gasoline station (B) that never gave away oil, but their prices are and have been slightly lower. Now how does (A) keep customers buying from them? I can think of 2 pretty good answers. Either start giving you something else, or change pricing to match or beat the prices of (B).
        Woussko-

        Exactly what I was thinking. I've noticed a few times when things have dropped their "free mail in rebate" the actual in store price dropped too (magically I might add). I'm just wondering if you guys have seen a better price on the 24v Lxi combo kit, now that the free max select offer is over.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Paladin2025 View Post
          Woussko-

          Exactly what I was thinking. I've noticed a few times when things have dropped their "free mail in rebate" the actual in store price dropped too (magically I might add). I'm just wondering if you guys have seen a better price on the 24v Lxi combo kit, now that the free max select offer is over.
          None in stock at any of my local HD's All said they were sold out since before Xmas and don't expect any back in stock. Some hinted they expect a new kit to come out, no clue of the validity.

          Just when I was ready to buy one too

          -Ed

          Comment


          • #20
            Maybe something better is coming out soon. Maybe it would be a good idea to look at other combo kits too. Do we really just have to have all orange in our shop? I want and like choices. I hope all of you do as well.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Woussko View Post
              Maybe something better is coming out soon. Maybe it would be a good idea to look at other combo kits too. Do we really just have to have all orange in our shop? I want and like choices. I hope all of you do as well.
              Woussko-

              I'm with you 100% on this. However, I believe that the 24v XLi is pretty much the best bang for the buck, as far as cordless Lithium goes these days. I can't find a 4 piece Lithium combo in this price range. I'm also a big fan on the LSA in regards to batteries.

              Comment


              • #22
                i just got my free maxselect tool from fedex this morning. a planer, looks well built and sturdy, theres just one problem.... i asked for the jigsaw haha. i could have used the jigsaw to cut down steel and almunium doors, and to do cutouts for glass in those doors, i guess the planer will come in handy on the rare occasion i cut down a wooden door thats rubbing.

                Comment


                • #23
                  trecool88... what is your estimate of the elapsed time between submittal of your max select tool "rebate" and actual tool receipt? thanks.
                  there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
                    trecool88... what is your estimate of the elapsed time between submittal of your max select tool "rebate" and actual tool receipt? thanks.
                    it took i'd say 3 to 4 weeks... except it was the wrong tool haha

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: Deal on 24v XLI at HD

                      I mailed in my rebate form (just printed off the website) about 4 weeks ago asking to receive the jigsaw. It was delivered yesterday vis FEDEX, brand new and working great. Great offer!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X