X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deal on 24v XLI at HD

i bought the set 6 days ago at HD for 397 plus tax, it's now on sale for 317 +tax... awesome deal, especially when you factor in the liftime service and the free tool offer. thank god HD does price adjustments.

DAAANG! Thanks for sharing but why didn;t I read this thread earlier! None of my local HD's have them left in stock. I missed this deal! I was waiting for a few months to use my store credit on this kit at a good price and missed it

The guys I talked to at 4 local HD's said the same story..... they don't believe they'll be getting this kit back in stock. They said they believe Ridgid is "refreshing" the kit and it will be out in the next month or two.

Anyone know any other information?

Kind regards,
    -Ed

Comment

[QUOTE=FastEddie;64553]DAAANG! Thanks for sharing but why didn;t I read this thread earlier! None of my local HD's have them left in stock. I missed this deal! I was waiting for a few months to use my store credit on this kit at a good price and missed it

The guys I talked to at 4 local HD's said the same story..... they don't believe they'll be getting this kit back in stock. They said they believe Ridgid is "refreshing" the kit and it will be out in the next month or two.

Anyone know any other information?

if you want the kit they can order it.its on back order.its still 317.00

Comment

TRECOOL88...What is the free tool offer? I bought the combo kit yesterday and if there's a premium offered I'd like to participate. Love the tools. The recip saw has b***s. And the hammer drill is lighter than my Ridgid 18v Nicad hammer drill.
        there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
          TRECOOL88...What is the free tool offer? I bought the combo kit yesterday and if there's a premium offered I'd like to participate. Love the tools. The recip saw has b***s. And the hammer drill is lighter than my Ridgid 18v Nicad hammer drill.
          http://www.homedepot.com/cmc_upload/...idComboKit.pdf

Comment

Picked up one of these deals today... Couldn't believe the price. I almost bought an 18V 2 pack (hammer drill and circ saw) before Christmas, but thought I'd wait it out and see what happened after Christmas.

I figured the price was because they're building a Lowe's on the other side of the parking lot (literally sharing the same parking lot) where my local HD is...

Glad to know that others are getting the deal as well... I'm even more glad that the rebate is still available on the free MAX Select Tool!!! Hopefully, the jig saw will be joining the combo I already have soon...

Amazing deal... I just hope these tools are worth it. I can't understand why they're being discounted so quickly... they either suck big time, or there's something new and better coming out soon.

Comment

Originally posted by 98dvl View Post
              Picked up one of these deals today... Couldn't believe the price. I almost bought an 18V 2 pack (hammer drill and circ saw) before Christmas, but thought I'd wait it out and see what happened after Christmas.

I figured the price was because they're building a Lowe's on the other side of the parking lot (literally sharing the same parking lot) where my local HD is...

Glad to know that others are getting the deal as well... I'm even more glad that the rebate is still available on the free MAX Select Tool!!! Hopefully, the jig saw will be joining the combo I already have soon...

Amazing deal... I just hope these tools are worth it. I can't understand why they're being discounted so quickly... they either suck big time, or there's something new and better coming out soon.

well they don't suck, just use them and you'll see... my guess is they're going to release a diffrent combination of the tools, maybe a 3 piece or a 2 piece, and maybe a higher amp hour battery.. or a higher voltage set.

Comment

Originally posted by 99zr2 View Post
                if you want the kit they can order it.its on back order.its still 317.00
                Where do I back order it? Store? Online? Special combination at the self-checkout? The guys at our local Home Depots said they had no way to get any more.

Thanks in advance!
                -Ed

Comment

TRECOOL88...Thanks for the link. The jig saw will come in handy.
                  there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

I was able to get the price adjustment on the kit that I purchased at the end of November. My local Home Depot is great to work with. I also got the free tool offer, and got my jig saw in about 2 weeks. The thing is beefy and it cuts great.

I did however have a defective battery, and HD took care of it.

Mike

Comment

Just got 24v

I just bought the 24v combo for 317,in the Delran NJ Home Depot. The deal seems too good to be true.
                      I noticed today,that one battery completly died, (one meter light was barley
                      on) I placed the battery back on the charger and it came to a full charge within minutes. I am concerned about this problem.Has anybody else encountered a similar problem?
                      I made some sawdust this evening with the drill,recip saw,and circular saw
                      and each ran well. The drill,and circular saw were of a moderate size and weight for a 24v. The reciprocating saw was too bulky,but it cut well.
                      The circular saw is actually lighter them my bosch 18v circular saw.
                      As nice as this combo seems,if I hear of problems with these tools,I will return
                      the combo,and go with makita

Comment

No prob here. Have had mine about 2 mos.

Comment

Does anyone know what the price of these 24v XLI combo kits are going for now that "free max select tool" offer is over?

Comment

Originally posted by Paladin2025 View Post
                            Does anyone know what the price of these 24v XLI combo kits are going for now that "free max select tool" offer is over?
                            hummmm.............................. for the same price since the free tool was ..... hummmmm.... FREE!?!?!? . i just dont get why some poeple ask questions like this when the answer is in the question. i am not tring to be nasty even though i know it may sound this way and if it does i am sorry
                            9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Paladin2025 might be thinking that now that the special offer is over that in order to keep sales up, that the prices of the combo kits would need to be lowered some.

Example: To boost sales gasoline station (A) gives you a free quart of oil for every 25 gallons of gasoline you buy there and to get the free oil, you need to show your receipts as proof of purchase. Please note that this is only for a limited time. Soon they stop giving out the oil. Down the road a short ways is gasoline station (B) that never gave away oil, but their prices are and have been slightly lower. Now how does (A) keep customers buying from them? I can think of 2 pretty good answers. Either start giving you something else, or change pricing to match or beat the prices of (B).

Comment

Working...
                              X