HD Tool Event?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HD Tool Event?

While visiting another site, I came across a post that mentioned that the HD Tool Event was supposed to begin soon. Was this just a cruel joke or has anyone here heard or seen anything to confirm this info?

Re: HD Tool Event?

Yeah, I saw that too. According to the OP of that thread it's supposed to start today but I've not seen any advertising about it here.

HD did run a sale like that last spring. At the time I bought a lawn mower. As I recall, it took forever for me to get the Gift Card I had coming. I wanna say that they claimed on the submission form that it would take 6 weeks but it actually took twice that.
    ================================================== ====
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

The details are now posted on Home Depot's website. Happy shopping!

Comment

199 to 399 save 35
        400 to 599 save 75
        600 to 1999 save 125
        2000 plus save 500

If you spend 2000 think of it as getting the 3650 for free

Comment

Lucky me, perfect timing. Torn between a Bosch 4000-09 vs TS2400LS .. while I've just signed up for a HD account to take advantage of their 10% discount, I came across their "Power Sales" ad today on Ridgid site.. No more sleepless nights

Just came home from HD with a TS2400LS: $449 - $75 - 10% ==> $337. Lifetime warranty .. can't beat this deal!

Can't be happier with this purchase!

Comment

Originally posted by Orange Apron View Post
            If you spend 2000 think of it as getting the 3650 for free
            I went to my local HD and the Asst Mgr said the 3650 is not included in the promotion because it is not a portable tool. I tried to make the point the sign says "all portable power tools" and that the 3650 has wheels and is a contractor's job site table saw but he would not see my point. He did offer to take $49 off. The odd thing is this HD sells the 3650 for $549 while another one further away sells it for $569.

Las Vegas has many HD stores so I plan to see if there are any stores that sell it for $549 AND give the $75 off. I have a Citi Bank American Express offer that will give me a $100 gift card on my first $500 purchase. That would make the TS3650 net out at $374 in a round about way.

Anyone else have a Home Depot say the 3650 is not included in the promotion? I am curious if this is nation wide or if each store is unique.
            Last edited by VegasGuy; 03-27-2007, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Yup ... the internal communication in HD sucks ... when I was there last night, the guys in the Tools Dept had no freaking idea of what I was talking about .. I pointed him to see the banner which they didn't notice it was even there. Another gal who worked there tried to interpret the offer & tried to suggest that "table saw" is excluded form the deal...

I had to tell them to either call up the corportae office or to ask their manager ... what's more funny was that when they were told that I'd have the $75 off, their expression was as if ..... the manager has just thrown the money away ....

But then, all other employees were very helpful ... except the two "tools" in the Tools

Good luck with your shopping, Vagas.

Originally posted by VegasGuy View Post
              I went to my local HD and the Asst Mgr said the 3650 is not included in the promotion because it is not a portable tool. I tried to make the point the sign says "all portable power tools" and that the 3650 has wheels and is a contractor's job site table saw but he would not see my point. He did offer to take $49 off.

Anyone else have a Home Depot say the 3650 is not included in the promotion? I am curious if this is nation wide or if each store is unique.

Comment

At first I was lead to belive that anything starting over 199 was in the deal. I read the fine print at work last night and its combined purchases. No one has ever said anything about the 3650 not being included, in fact we even have a sign listing the prices after the sale on ours.

Comment

I went to another HD and was referred to the customer service desk by the tool dept. The CS person read all the fine print on the back of the offer, including the exclusions. She said it looked like the 3650 was included but the only way to know for sure would be to scan the offer's bar code and then scan the 3650 as a sale. The register would immediately deduct $75 if it applied to the 3650. I plan to see what happens as soon as I get the new credit card with the $100 gift card. If it goes as planned, I will be walking out of HD with my new saw.
                  Last edited by VegasGuy; 03-28-2007, 06:59 PM.

Comment

I just found this posted on HD's web site page for the TS3650:

"This item qualifies for a mail in cashback rebate for up to $500 with the combined purchase of $199 or greater of qualifying power products, pneumatic products and pneumatic fasteners, wet/dry vacs, and generators (valid through 4/11/07)."

So, the answer is, yes, the TS3650 is part of the promotion. Buy it and get $75 back. Or, add another power tool to my purchase for ~$55 to reach the next level of $600 ($549 + $55) and get $125 back, which is $50 more. I can get another ~$55 power tool for almost nothing extra.

Comment

Just posted this over in the Power Tool Discussion forum: The TS3650 was included in the HD instant rebate.

Just took advantage of the BORG $500 instant rebate. Picked up a TS3650, a TP1300LS, a BS1400, a EB4424 and a R250AFA (angled finish nailer), and I got the display JP0610. The whole package came to $1510 (after the rebate) plus sales tax. I felt kind of lucky to get the joiner/planer even though it was a display model. No box, no manuals, missing the adjustable feet and the push blocks - when I got it home and powered it up I found the drive belt was also missing. The assistant manager contacted his local Ridgid rep and he agreed to send the missing parts. The BORG asst. manag. contacted all the local stores and even a few non local trying to find a JP0610 in the box - no luck. He told me they had been having problems getting them for about the past 6 or 8 months. When he gets a few in they are gone in less than a week. I did find out from a Ridgid service rep on the phone that if you buy a floor model and parts are missing, you cannot just call the 800 number and get free parts - you have to buy them. She said I should go over a demo model very closely and work out any missing parts with the HD. That's what I did.
                      Haven't even had a chance to open the boxes yet - I have been looking at the table saw, joiner and TP for quite a while. I think this may be about a good a deal as I have seen - roughly 25% off.

Comment

Congrats on your new workshop!

Comment

I'm a new member. I thought I'd post my deal from HD.
                          My home depot is having a 10% off mail in rebate on Ridgid tools that is good till March 31st. The tool event started on March 27th.
                          I got a ts3650 and got a Porter cable ROS to make the tool deal $602.
                          Got $125 off instant at the register and am sending in the 10% $55 rebate. Great deal. No hassles. Free sander.

I have had lots of great deals from HD!! One time I was re-roofing my house and bought materials from HD. Had them pricematch Lowes, (which I think they had a severely mismarked price on the dimensional shingles) got a credit card app 10% off and got a $200 giftcard plus free rooftop delivery. The manager had to call the home office to ok all the deals. He said he was losing money and all came out to below his wholesale cost but got the deal done!

I hope I will enjoy my ts3650 for years to come.

Comment

Originally posted by ahensler View Post
                            My home depot is having a 10% off mail in rebate on Ridgid tools that is good till March 31st.
                            Good going on your purchase. I have been reading all the Home Depot fliers and I don't remember seeing the Ridgid 10% rebate. I have searched online and have not found anything there, either. Do you remember if your rebate was only good for your store/city/state?

Comment

The 10% rebate said Feb/March 2007 Ridgid Event.
                              It very well could be a localized rebate, maybe specific to a rep area or something like that. There was a bunch of photocopied forms with the Ridgid tools. I went to the service desk and got an original to fill out and send in. Figured I'd have the best chance at actually getting the rebate if it was legible. I wish I had a copy to post. Sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X