Price matching, which planer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price matching, which planer

Ok, so I'm still trying to justify the Ridgid planer. But, I think I have it figured out. Since I love bargaining here's the question of the day, with Lowe's having their 15% off all power tools sale right now will Home Depot match that sale? Here's the way I see it and the way I'm thinking of bringing it to their table. I can buy the Ridgid Planer for reg. $379 minus their $35 for the tool extravaganza to make it $344. If they agree to match the 15% off then the original $379 for the Ridgid planer becomes $322.15. Killer price. However, if they tell me they can't match the 15% sale, I'm thinking about using their match and beat the lowest price by 10% on the Dewalt DW735 13" Thickness planer at $549. Both Lowe's and Home Depot carry the same model so they can’t deny me that. With the 15% off at Lowe's that brings the $549 to $466.65, minus the 10% after price matching that brings the total to $419.99. Not a bad price on that. So here’s the way I see it they can save me an extra $20 by allowing the 15% off price match on the Ridgid planer. Or, loose $129 on the Dewalt DW735. Out of spite I’d be willing to go the extra mile on the Dewalt just to prove my point. And, have a 3 blade cutter that I’ll likely be able to find replacement blades for easier than the Ridgid. At least from what I’ve read here on the forum. Hopefully they’ll see my point and agree with me. I’d much more prefer the orange tools in my shop. Plus the Ridgid comes with a stand.

Last question, am I crazy?
    No, the half of the missing finger was not power tool related.

Re: Price matching, which planer

yeah you have good luck with that oh and yes you are.
    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Nothing wrong with some creative bargaining. The worst they can say is no, and even then, you might try another store or two, or another manager.

Comment

Sounds good EXCEPT!!! The extra 10% is of the difference in prices not the whole price price. You would get 10% of the 15% discount.
        info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

A couple of weeks ago I bought a Ridgid planer and at the time they had a HD card promo of giving you a 25 dollar gift card for filling out a credit app. ahd you got 35 dollars off your first purchase. I went to two different stores as the first one did not have a planer in stock and at the second store I asked the lady if I could use the 25 dollars along with the 35 dollars at the time of purchase. She talked to the store manger and he oked it so I got the planer for less than 300.00 dollars. I think they are willing to help you but it all depends on the store mander and his attitude.

Comment

Papadan, the $419 was accounting for the 10% off the 15% off sale price of $466. Not the original $549. That is what you were saying right?

Comment

HuH? LOL I":M lost!
              Congratulations to Mr. "the sky is falling" Al Gore, nominated the new Village Idiot!

Comment

Nope. the 15% took the $549 down to $466. The extra 10% for being higher is based on the difference. It would be 10% of $83 or $8.30 off the $466. It states that it is 10% of the difference in prices.
                info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

The Ridgid will cost you quite a bit less and does a great job of planing the wood. Also includes the tables and legs that the Dewalt is extra for.

Comment

Well after all is said and done turns out the planer was $349 at the store as opposed to the online price of $379. I won't ask... I mentioned the 15% off sale at Lowe's and that was that. I didn't have to say anymore. I ended up paying $296 plus tax on the planer. I love my HD.

I also checked on the price matching and it is 10% off the matched price price not the difference. At least that's according to my HD. If that's a mistake, it's theirs and in my favor. I won't argue with that. I know for a fact though the Lowe's here is the same way. They match it and beat it by 10%. Perhaps it depends on how the manager interprets their price matching policy. You all may want to double check that at your local HD.

Thank you all for your input. Looks good in the shop/garage.

Comment

What is The Home Depot's In-Store Price Matching Policy?

If you find a lower price on a new, identical, in-stock item from any retailer, present the advertisement to The Home Depot and we will match the price and beat it by 10%.

Comment

Working...
                      X