X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon is having a Tool Sale

Amazon.com is having their "Big Tool Sale" with up to 50% off power tools.

http://www.amazon.com/Tools-Power-Co...node=328182011

Re: Amazon is having a Tool Sale

kpinaire, don't let that 50% off impress you too much. The discount is usually based off of an unrealistic manufacturers suggested retail price. In most cases, MSRP is no where near what a tool can really be purchased for.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

OK I give up, this is a RIDGID site and AMAZON doesn't even sell RIDGID???

Comment

I enjoyed the link. Love looking at tools!!!!
        You can never have enough drills-too many is just enough!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
          kpinaire, don't let that 50% off impress you too much. The discount is usually based off of an unrealistic manufacturers suggested retail price. In most cases, MSRP is no where near what a tool can really be purchased for.
          Agreed. I took a quick look as I am going to be in the marked for a new SCMS and Router this summer. I didn't see any prices on that "sale" that were too far off from regular local store prices which also don't require S&H. I even saw the Makita 10" SCMS marked down from $1200 to only $497. Pretty much stopped looking after that.
          Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Originally posted by Safeman View Post
            OK I give up, this is a RIDGID site and AMAZON doesn't even sell RIDGID???
            They do sell Ridgid tools, reconditioned tools.
            Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Thanks kpinaire

Because of your heads up, I was able to get some money back on some recently placed orders via Amazon's Post-Order Price Guarantee:

Post-Order Price Guarantee
              Amazon.com's prices for released items will change from time to time based on a variety of factors. If Amazon.com's price for an already-released item decreases within 30 days after we ship the item to you, we'll be glad to refund the difference in price if you contact us.
              Last edited by bigscore; 04-29-2007, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
                Very true what BadgerDave had to say here. Thats why when ever I do get the inkling to buy what appears to be a good deal at Amazon, I'll call up H.D. or Menards or Tool Crib and find out if they carry the product and how much they are selling for, to see if your really getting a good deal or not. I watch the Gold deals from Amazon or the Friday (weekend) specials and daily specials that Amazon email you everyday, they seem to be the better deals. So far since I have been dealing w/Amazon I have done quite well, and of course you have to be patient with the shipping part.
                Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Once again, many thanks kpinaire

Because of your heads up I contacted Amazon for their Post-Order Price Guarantee.

The result was:

Your Amazon.com Order (#104-8249381-2459960)

Hello from Amazon.com.
                  We're writing to confirm that we have processed your refund for $39.97 for the above-referenced order.

Comment

Working...
                  X