Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
The deal of the century Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The deal of the century

    Hey, on May 4, 2007, In Montreal QC, I got the TS3650 on sale for 599$ Canadian dollars instead of 799$.
    I also had a 10% discount coupon when put it on the HD card. This weekend, they are having a 12 months interest free promotion.

    So I ended up with the saw for 539$ Canadian dollars over 12 months interest free.
    I had a 2 yrs old Delta TS300 that I sold so the upgrade cost me almost noting ...

    That is not a deal, that is a crime!

  • #2
    Re: The deal of the century

    good going
    §m€llŸ™

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: The deal of the century

      Way to go Boogatoo, by the way welcome to the forum...
      Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

      http://www.contractorspub.com

      A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: The deal of the century

        You're under arrest!
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: The deal of the century

          Nicely done, Boogatoo!! Congrats on your no-cost 3650. Welcome to the forums.
          I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: The deal of the century

            I was at the seattle wood show about 2 weeks ago and Ridgid was there selling it for $311!! I had paid 599, ouch at the borg. They also had the ridgid planer for 201 or something like that.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: The deal of the century

              Surprised no one has bursted Boogatoos bubble yet with the news of the saw being on sale now for $480. Oops, I guess I just did, sorry.

              Boogatoo, you should go back and give the price guarantee a try.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: The deal of the century

                Originally posted by killian View Post
                Surprised no one has bursted Boogatoos bubble yet with the news of the saw being on sale now for $480. Oops, I guess I just did, sorry.

                Boogatoo, you should go back and give the price guarantee a try.
                Where do you see it for $480? It is still $550 on the HD website and I just bought mine a few weeks ago for $500 in the store.

                Wondering if I can get any money back...


                And Boogatoo, congrats on the saw and welcome to the club! You will love it. Nice score!
                Last edited by Northern Wood; 05-17-2007, 10:16 PM. Reason: Forgot to give props to Boogatoo

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: The deal of the century

                  Originally posted by Northern Wood View Post
                  Where do you see it for $480? It is still $550 on the HD website and I just bought mine a few weeks ago for $500 in the store.

                  Wondering if I can get any money back...


                  And Boogatoo, congrats on the saw and welcome to the club! You will love it. Nice score!

                  This weeks flyer shows from May 17 to May 20 the price is $479.20. This is in Alberta, but I've seen others around Canada say the same thing. I'll be going tomorrow to try the price gaurantee as I bought mine last week @ $599.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: The deal of the century

                    Last 13 days ago I bought the TS3650 for 599$.
                    This week in Montreal, QC Canada, it is advertised at 479.20$. I went and got a refund. Also, when I originaly bought it, I got a 10% diccount coupon. So they reapplied it. All and all, I got the saw for 431$ + tax. Thay also applied the 12 moths without interest as this promotion was still in at the moment I originally purchased the saw.

                    I also bout a Freud Diablo D1050X Thin Kerf 50 ATG Combo blade for 35$.

                    The price matching policy is only for 10 day after the purchase, but I got lucky, they applied it even after 13 days. This is probably beacuse in the last 12 months, I purchased for almost 15 000$ there in the same HD store.
                    (4 large windows, 6' Patio door, Snow thrower, Wood for large deck and Pergola, Vermon Casting monster BBQ, Bathroom makeover and Ridgid 18V., and the TS3650 Table saw).

                    The 479.20$ ends Sunday May 20 2007. Take advantage of it.

                    Now I have a new bubble to blow!
                    Last edited by Boogatoo; 05-18-2007, 06:25 PM. Reason: Error in advertised price

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: The deal of the century

                      Originally posted by Boogatoo View Post
                      The 479.20$ ends Sunday May 20 2007. Take advantage of it.
                      Good for you! Glad they gave you the refund. Sounds like you deserved it from them!

                      Do you know if the $479 price is in the lower 48 or only in Canada???

                      Thanks...

                      Mike

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: The deal of the century

                        I heard that in the states there is also a price drop this week. Not shure but I believe it is around 499$. This is in store only. Apparently, it does not state Special, or sale, or red tag. It is just dropped (but for how long)Here in Montreal, there is currently a 20% tool event. This is why it is 479$. The current price is otherwise 599$ until June 20. After that it goes back to 799$.Check at your local HD.For guys who are thinking about crossing the border to Canada, to get it, the current Canadian $ is around 91 cents U.S. The difference is not worthed anymore.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: The deal of the century

                          Originally posted by Boogatoo View Post
                          Last 13 days ago I bought the TS3650 for 599$.
                          This week in Montreal, QC Canada, it is advertised at 479.20$. I went and got a refund. Also, when I originaly bought it, I got a 10% diccount coupon. So they reapplied it. All and all, I got the saw for 431$ + tax. Thay also applied the 12 moths without interest as this promotion was still in at the moment I originally purchased the saw.

                          I also bout a Freud Diablo D1050X Thin Kerf 50 ATG Combo blade for 35$.

                          The price matching policy is only for 10 day after the purchase, but I got lucky, they applied it even after 13 days. This is probably beacuse in the last 12 months, I purchased for almost 15 000$ there in the same HD store.
                          (4 large windows, 6' Patio door, Snow thrower, Wood for large deck and Pergola, Vermon Casting monster BBQ, Bathroom makeover and Ridgid 18V., and the TS3650 Table saw).


                          The 479.20$ ends Sunday May 20 2007. Take advantage of it.

                          Now I have a new bubble to blow!
                          Well, I just got back from HD and had no problems getting the refund from $599 to $479.20. Absolutly no hassle at all.

                          I didn't know about any 10% coupons, so Boogatoo, you definatly have a new bubble thats going to be hard to burst. . All-though, in Alberta we only pay GST so I guess I saved a little, but not 10% worth.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: The deal of the century

                            Killian, The 10% coupon I got was from the mail. It has my name and address on it. They send those once in a while to card holders.

                            10% makes it 47$. Probably similar to the tax you saved.
                            By the way, I installed and tried the 1050X 05T ATB Combo blade from Freud. This blade is almost silent. I cut some plywood with no tear out on the underside, using the regular throat plate. For 35$ this a real a good value.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: The deal of the century

                              OK, now I understand where people get the coupon from.

                              I'm also using a freud blade, I think its a 1060(can't remember off-hand), and what a world of difference from the ridgid blade. Actually I never planned on using the ridgid blade, I just wanted to see if it really was as bad as others say.

                              Then again, I was using a cheap aluminum top, light weight, direct drive table saw before so anything about the TS3650 and its performance is a world of diference.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X