X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where?

Where are those "Great Tool Deals" is everyone keeping them to themselves?? tell me, tell me!! Everyone likes a deal
    sigpic

Robert

Re: Where?

When looking for a major tool purchase I spend hours online researching but usually end up buying off Ebay. My new Ridgid 24 volt 4 piece kit arrived yesterday and couldn't be happier with the price. You have to be on the lookout for people like Rick. He sniped a Propress tool from me last week and made me pissing mad. I know he doesn't need another pressing tool but he has a disease called "hording" If I am patient a better deal will come along eventually

www.coastaltool.com has some pretty good deals. Usually cheaper than what Fergusons will sell to me which I don't fully understand. I can negociate my price on materials and fixtures but they won't budge on tools.

Now if you are looking for a deep discount www.HarbourFreight.com has some excellent disposable one time use items. They might look like tools but they arn't. Bought a power threader kit there similiar to Ridgid 600 I got for $175 delivered. Used it for gas piping houses in bad neighborhoods in case it was stolen...it was. Ha Ha the joke is on them.
    Last edited by plumberscrack; 08-19-2007, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
      When looking for a major tool purchase I spend hours online researching but usually end up buying off Ebay. My new Ridgid 24 volt 4 piece kit arrived yesterday and couldn't be happier with the price. You have to be on the lookout for people like Rick. He sniped a Propress tool from me last week and made me pissing mad. I know he doesn't need another pressing tool but he has a disease called "hording" If I am patient a better deal will come along eventually

www.coastaltool.com has some pretty good deals. Usually cheaper than what Fergusons will sell to me which I don't fully understand. I can negociate my price on materials and fixtures but they won't budge on tools.

Now if you are looking for a deep discount www.HarbourFreight.com has some excellent disposable one time use items. They might look like tools but they arn't. Bought a power threader kit there similiar to Ridgid 600 I got for $175 delivered. Used it for gas piping houses in bad neighborhoods in case it was stolen...it was. Ha Ha the joke is on them.

I know rick is crazy....when he says he has been working all the day...i'm sure he means that he has been on ebay all day...and had a long day

mrs wc
      sigpic

Robert

Comment

Hahaha, thanks crack for the info. We have a harbor freight out here, your very right, it's good for disposable tools although my buddy purchased a sawzall there for $40.00 with a lifetime warrenty, I have known him for about 4 years, he gets a free new one every 8-12 months

I bargain with ferguson on material and fixtures all the time, I am glad someone else does too, I give my salesman a hard time, practicly every invoice. I caught him charging 1.16 for a 3/4 galv cap I went and told him I could get it at home depot for 89 cents, he of course sold it to me for 77 cents, just gotta watch them, keep em on their toes. As far as tools, I can always get the best deal in town on tools from ferguson, not as good as on-line, but if I need something, they come in cheaper then everyone else in los angeles.

I hate ebay, I have been burned a couple of times, not with tools, but all the same, I know rick has been burned too, I have a trust problem now. I hate the swap meet because in my opinion all tools there are stolen from some plumber or other tradesman, so I choose not to support that venue.

Thanks for the info and the web sites

PS-coastal doesn't sell ridgid??
        Last edited by westcoastplumber; 08-19-2007, 10:28 AM. Reason: checked web site, coastal
        sigpic

Robert

Comment

why be mad it was a buy it now and i spent 30 minutes researching it, the seller and even went here to read the owners manual. it was on for 4 hours before i saw it. plus it was a 400. not a 320 battery unit. so i didn't have 1 yet

p.s. still waiting for the mail.

i have a harbor freight 600 style threader. at $150 it's not bad. but i did swap all the die heads to ridgid 11a that fit it just like the 600. works great on 1/2''-1''. 1.25'' a little under powered. sure is better than fighting the 700.

i've lost plenty of ebay deals in the last seconds by snipes

no excuses for losing a buy it now

even lost to mark before

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

WestCoastPlumber:
            If you really really want to find out about good deals, try HeavyDutyTools.net which is actually a plumbing supply house out in Jersey. I have bought a number of things from them. They have excellent prices, unbelievable deals, and a lot of times, you don't have to pay shipping charges. Just bought a Makita twin stack compressor from them for $238 and it is a winner.
            Jim Don
            PS I'll think a little more and maybe have another idea, -- Hey, Also check out CPO Milwaukee and CPO Bosch -- they often have deals and specials. A lot of times their "Reconditioned" tools are so dang close to new it isn't funny. Here's how that works -- some schlep goes and buys a Heavy Duty Milwaukee drill for a one-time project at his home. He uses it and drills a half dozen holes on Saturday. On Monday he returns it to his tools store (Sears has been used for this more than it can remember) where he says it didn't work right and he wants his money back. He gets it. Sears now has a "used" tool. They send it back to Milwaukee. Milwaukee goes over it and checks it out, changes the brushes, cleans it up and now has to sell it as reconditioned. It's hardly used. They sell it on CPO Milwaukee as reconditioned as a deep discount. It's virtually new and comes with a new tool warranty. Not a bad deal for you or me.

Comment

Amazon.com is where I buy most of my tools now. Once your established w/them, just pop in and check out their daily deals, gold specials, plus they always have cash rebates and extra 20% off. Putting items into a wish list will make finding deals a whole lot easier for you. Last purchase was 18v Dewalt hammer drill, 2 batteries, charger and case, $104.00 and free shipping. Received it in less than a week. That drill at normal pricing is something like $299.00 or 349.00.
              Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Working...
              X