X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got a great deal on a ts3650

I'm jumping for joy !!!! I just love craigslist here in Atlanta.
    I found and bought a ts3650 table saw that is like new for $100.00
    then I found a brand new Biesemeyer 30 fence system for $125.00
    I put the fence on tonight. I liked the ridgid fence but the biesy in my opinion is far better.. Anyway just wanted to share my excitement !!!!

have a great one !!!!!

Re: I got a great deal on a ts3650

Well, congrats on the new saw. That is a steal for $100 if its in decent condition. Even after you add in the price of the fence its still a great deal.
    If you didn't get the manual go find the Ts-3650 Tips and Tricks thread and follow the link there to download a copy of the manual, plus maybe pick up some tid-bits on using your new saw.

And unlike Norm, use the guard if at all possible, you fingers will thanks you.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

$100 for a 3650, now that's a gloat. So, being a brand new member of the Gloat Club you must go through the proper initiation ritual. Let me be the first to congratulate you on your find and inform you that YOU SUCK.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

LOL wish i would have found this deal,its in my area too!

Comment

Sorry everyone. I just had to share my excitement with you. my wife just doesn't understand. and I knew everyone here would.
          the saw is in like new condtion other than needing to clean the top. it is missing the manual and saw gard. but I plan to order one soon. He probly had them but I was so excited about the price that I just wanted to load on the truck and get out of there before he changed his mind.
          The new fence is AWSOME.I saw another fence system listed last night for $200.00, I think people must have gotten them next to nothing at Lowes. They did carry it for the Delta contractor saw they sell but have sence discontinued it and put on clearance. now they only have the t2 fence
          The 42" long fence is slick. with 30" cut to right of blade and the 14"x27" table board. I know less cut to the right of the blade. but it was worth it.

happy cutting !!!!
          David

Comment

hey dan-

very good deal! i'm sure you'll love the saw. when you put the biesemeyer fence on did you have to drill holes or did it line up?

rb

Comment

You definitely suck! ;-)

Great deal on the 3650. Glad you like the Biesemeyer 30 fence system but I'll take an additional 6 inches anytime! The 36" rip is a main reason I choose the 3650.
              Congrats on your score.
              ken
              Poplar Branch Wood Crafts

Comment

Wow, nice snag! $225 upfront for a 3650 with a Biese...and you could probably sell the Ridgid fence for $50-$100 to offset some of that if you wanted. Good on ya!

p.s. Your 3650 is a left tilt saw so you're not likely to ever need much capacity to left of the blade (if any). You should be able to mount your Biese to get additional ripping capacity by sliding the rails further right... if you want it. I've got about 40" capacity from my stock 30" Biese rails.
                Last edited by hewood; 09-02-2007, 10:55 AM.

Comment

It's always good to hear about someone getting a great deal. Love it. However, $100 for a decent 3650 does put you in the "You Suck" catagory though. Good for you. Hope you enjoy it.
                  No, the half of the missing finger was not power tool related.

Comment

Originally posted by hewood View Post
                    You should be able to mount your Biese to get additional ripping capacity by sliding the rails further right... if you want it. I've got about 40" capacity from my stock 30" Biese rails.
                    I was thinking of doing the same thing. How did you do it? Did you have to modify (cut) the rails so they do not interfer with the miter slots?

Comment

Originally posted by MrZ View Post
                      I was thinking of doing the same thing. How did you do it? Did you have to modify (cut) the rails so they do not interfer with the miter slots?
                      No cutting on mine, and the only drilling was to remount the switch, which you probably need to do anyway. I mounted the front angle bracket in it's normal position with the cutouts lined up with the miter slots, then slid the front tube one bolt hole to the right so they all lined up, but with one less bolt...it's still plenty solid. I did need to reposition the tape measure. Honestly, once you've got the angle brackets mounted to your saw, sliding the rails is a matter of minutes....in your case, it should add zero extra time. Your rail set might be slightly different, but this will give a glimpse of how it works.

My saw weighs 425# and is very stable even with the rails hanging out there. Once your done, check to make sure it's not tippy on the right.

Here's the stock configuration....note how far the rail is to the left of the saw:
                      Attachment

Here it is after sliding the tube...note the difference of where the rail starts:
                      Attachment

Here's a look of the right side:
                      Attachment

HTH,
                      Scott
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by hewood; 09-03-2007, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Thanks. Didn’t think about just sliding over the tube (duh, sometimes I overlook the obvious). I kept on looking at sliding over the whole rail, which would require modifying/cutting the miter slot cutouts.

Still can’t believe it was only $80. The Lowes by me still has some left. Maybe I should pick one up for spare parts.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                        X