X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woodline Router Bits on Amazon

Amazon has Woodline router bit sets marked down pretty good right now. I've been wanting to try a lock miter bit, they have a set of four bits for $36. It has both sizes of lock miter, a reverse glue joint, and a drawer lock bit.
    Click Me

- djb
    sigpic

A Democracy is 2 wolves and 1 sheep voting on what to have for lunch.

Restore the Republic.

Re: Woodline Router Bits on Amazon

Wow, now this is a deal:
    http://www.amazon.com/Woodline-WL-20...102775&sr=8-16

$20 for 9 bits! That's barely 2-and-a-quarter each!

I paid nearly $90 for a Freud set of 4 for just the undersized plywood bits.

that $36 set including two lock-miters is a heckuva deal also.

Comment

They've got a couple of nice deals in that lineup!

Comment

Forgive me for asking, but are these just as good/comperable as say the Bosch, PC, or Freud bits?
        No, the half of the missing finger was not power tool related.

Comment

From what I've read, Woodline is typically considered to be mid-range quality, comparable to MLCS, Holbren, etc. Since I had a bad experience with a high dollar Amana bit, I decided to go with lower cost bits. As long as the carbide doesn't fly off and they make decent cuts, I'm happy. I have the MLCS set of straight plywood bits, and I'm pleased with them so far.

Can't wait to try out these Woodline bits...I also ordered this 5 bit dovetail set for $19.40.

The woodworking.com website has an online tool survey that users are supposedly filling out, you can compare router bit reviews there: Click Me. The actual number of reviews is a little low, but Woodline bits are ranked decent.

- djb
          Last edited by djb; 09-06-2007, 11:01 PM. Reason: added survey link
          sigpic

Restore the Republic.

Comment

Great prices on great bits. I have that 4 piece lock miter set, paid $59 on a special sale at the woodworking show last year.
            info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

I'm still router bit shoppin'...

I did a little research, and some of the list prices on Amazon are inflated, compared to the Woodline website. But even so, many of the sets are a real bargain. You just gotta look around.

For example, the 4 piece dovetail set is "marked down" from $26.60 to $19.40 on Amazon, but it's available from Woodline for $19.
              But the 8 piece Classical Edge set is $38.44 on Amazon, and it's $99 from Woodline.

The Classical Edge set is on it's way to Houston...

Happy shopping!

- djb
              sigpic

Restore the Republic.

Comment

Originally posted by Wood_Junkie View Post
                Wow, now this is a deal:
                http://www.amazon.com/Woodline-WL-20...102775&sr=8-16

$20 for 9 bits! That's barely 2-and-a-quarter each!

I paid nearly $90 for a Freud set of 4 for just the undersized plywood bits.

that $36 set including two lock-miters is a heckuva deal also.

Just as an FYI... these bits are little bit cheaper today than yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by 9.5 fingers to go View Post
                  Forgive me for asking, but are these just as good/comperable as say the Bosch, PC, or Freud bits?
                  Freud, Whiteside, CMT, Infinity, Eagle America, and Amana are typically considered among the best. I'm not real certain where Bosch and PC stand but I doubt they're quite to that elite level...probably closer to Katana, Grizzly purple, Price Cutter black,

Woodline is a good, reasonably priced import bit not so different from MLCS, Woodcraft, Holbren, Price Cutter green, Grizzly green etc.

Some of those Woodline deals are really good prices IMHO!

Comment

Thanks to all, I just got my router for X-mas 06 and have gotten some use out of it. I currently own a set of 4 Craftsman round over bits that I got for ~$15 on clearance. I just purchased a Bosch flush cut trim bit from Amazon that I hope to try out this weekend. So far the craftsman round over bits have been ok. However, I really have nothing to compare them to.

I plan on building my own entertainment center for our LCD screen soon and am looking to do my own edging. Since djb mentioned the deal on the above titled bits, I began looking at the Woodline USA WL-2011 5-Piece 1/2-Inch Shank Moulding Set for $38.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...d=TAZYO3P4G4WW

Is that something that you all would consider?
                    No, the half of the missing finger was not power tool related.

Comment

djb, thanks for the tip - I placed an order on Friday.

DWC

Comment

Well, the price on Woodline USA WL 1420-4 4-Piece 1/2-Inch ShankSuper Lock Miter has jumped (back?) up to $80.99 from $35.

Hope you got some!

Comment

I am kind of a newb. here as well as to woodworking, but my 2 cent... MLCS bits have cut good so far. I did break a 1/4 shank bit (my fault) routing a deep dado . Guess thats what happens when you get in a hurry.Overall I've been happy with the ones I have. Like someone else said I only have store brands (Ace, Toolshop, ect.) to compare to though.

Comment

I've been VERY happy with MLCS's router bits. I own a few Freud, a few Woodcraft, a few from Rockler, a couple of Bosch bearing-trim bits, and a 40 piece Ryobi 1/4" shank set (the first set I bought). I would put the MLCS on par with all that I own.

From MLCS I have:
                            Rabbeting bit set. Great.
                            Picture frame and miter door frame bit. Great!
                            15 piece assorted set, 1/2" shank. Only use a few, but just fine.
                            Brick molding bit. Works great.
                            Panel raising bit with back-cutter. Haven't use this one, but it sure is hefty!

A note on those Woodline lock bits noted in the beginning of this thread. HOLY MOLY they are huge and heavy. Can't wait to put them to use.

Comment

Originally posted by Wood_Junkie View Post
                              A note on those Woodline lock bits noted in the beginning of this thread. HOLY MOLY they are huge and heavy. Can't wait to put them to use.
                              No kidding, WoodJunkie! Can't wait to get 'em dirty. I got a few sets, some of which are not available on Amazon at all now. They must have had a truckload fire sale or something.

I got the 6 piece pattern/template set (WL-2032) and I had them out the other night, trying to see how they might work on a Christmas project. This will be my first attempt using templates with a router, and I'm learning already. The router can't quite duplicate a template that has a sharp bend or a corner-type of cut. I guess I can finish the cut with the band saw, or be satisfied with a finished piece with a more rounded shape...

Are there any tricks to using router templates? Maybe I should start another thread(?)

- djb
                              sigpic

Restore the Republic.

Comment

Working...
                              X