Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Free Tool deals..........

Originally posted by Hottrodd View Post
    Well, I called ridgid back today and this time they told me that everything had been processed on 1-15, which was before I called the first time. Not sure why they told me they were still processing forms from september. They also lost my rebate form for the free impact, but they said they could put in a order for it because they already had a copy of my reciept, so that should arrive in 7-10 days. One question, is the impact eligible for the Lifetime Service Agreement?
    I was stunned when my impact came with the smaller battery plus the big 2.5Ah HD battery....andddddddddd......are you ready for this.....the twin max or whatever they call it charger!
    LSA....I sent all the stuff in to register it with a note explaining how I got it and copies of all the receipts and free offer forms. So far it has shown up on My Ebox as a 3 year warranty. We'll see. That is the process with some registrations
    good luck...Ray

Comment

Nice! I was happy when the 18v showed up instead of the 14.4v. I wonder what the next promotion will be?

Comment

Originally posted by mdm View Post
        Nice! I was happy when the 18v showed up instead of the 14.4v. I wonder what the next promotion will be?
        mdm....Did they send the Twin Max charger and two batts also? Just as a point of information. Strangley enough the 14.4 outperforms the 18V and the MaxSelect impact tools. We have all three and one day noticed the 14.4 outrunning the MaxSelect. Shortly thereafter we had a little competition driving 3" deck screws in the shop among the three of them. Hands down, the 14.4 is the fastest.
        The truth lies in the specs. The 14.4 has the highest RPM rate of the three. Don't know why Ridgid did this. Sent them an email asking for an answer. They responded saying they don't tell the public at large or, god fordid, their customers the why and wherefor of engineering and design decisions.
        Anyway thats my story....and I'm sticking to it!
        Ray

Comment

I just got the 18v Impact and 1 MaxHC battery. No charger. Not a big deal though. I already had the MaxSelect Impact so I ended up selling both the impact and battery. I have no complaints with the MaxSelect Impact. It delivers everytime I need it to. I did snap the bit that came with it. No screws yet. I'm just glad I had it to install the screws for the house gutters. It makes tons of noise, but gets the job done faster than the drill would. I did pick up a 14.4v at HD awhile back in the clearance section. $20 for the impact, battery and charger. I ended up giving it to my dad.

Comment

ROADRASHRAY...you're going to love that twin charger. i lucked into one as part of a combo kit and its greatly improves tool utilization.
            there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
              ROADRASHRAY...you're going to love that twin charger. i lucked into one as part of a combo kit and its greatly improves tool utilization.
              Well yeah! The cooling fan coming on until the batt is topped off. Thats pretty cool.
              I will be happy when Ridgid gets on top of all this LI batt and various chargers stuff. We have the 9.6V screwgun, 12V RA, a couple of 14.4 impacts, a few 18V tools w/Nicad batts, several of the MaxSelects,a couple of the 18V LI compacts and the complete 24V set. It requires two different chargers to charge all these batts but because of the large number of batteries we have we use many different chargers. Sometimes when your tired its a pain to keep them straight. Hopefully soon Ridgid will develop one charger that can be used for all batts. Someone posted that Milwaukee has done this.

Comment

My impact finally showed up today. They sent the max-select version. But no batteries yet. I'll be interested to see what battery they send. It would be cool if they would send a new 3.0ah lithum one.

Comment

Originally posted by Hottrodd View Post
                  My impact finally showed up today. They sent the max-select version. But no batteries yet. I'll be interested to see what battery they send. It would be cool if they would send a new 3.0ah lithum one.
                  Thats interesting. Mine 14.4V came with the small batt on the tool and the big 2.5HD tucked into the same box.
                  Let us know what you get.

Comment

Working...
                  X