ac9950 herc-u lift

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ac9950 herc-u lift

I'm still looking for an ac9950 for my BS1400, too - but I have had no luck so far. (Temporary solution at end)

I had picked up an adjustable mobile base from Rockler (http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...=mobile%20base - $59.99). It went together easily and fit the saw's base very nicely. However although it is rated for a 500 pound load, the lift leavers are plastic, and one of them simply snapped off about the 3rd or 4th time I used it - not recommended. (They have a more expensive one at $99, but (a) they don't show its load rating on-line, and (b) I can't tell from the pictures whether the lift arms are metal or plastic on that model.)

Anyway I thought I had found an as9950 this evening, but when the person offering it for sale called, it turned out to the the 'saw table only' herculift and was not what I'm looking for.

I have a too-small shop area so mobility is a necessity - and we're having work done on the HVAC system on Monday and I have to move the TS and the BS out of the room for a few days. So as a temporary stopgap (I'm going to keep looking for a herculift) I went by HD tonight looking for casters to build my own mobile base.

There I found some 3" (3.5"?) casters with locking mechanism with threaded rods, marked "Fits Ridgid table saws" - they were a little under $8 each, so though I'd try them on the bandsaw. I swapped them with the leveling feet and leveled the saw. They seem to be sturdy enough, although they do raise the saw more than I like.

With the wheels properly positioned and locked, the saw feels about as solidly supported as with the original feet, so for about $33 I got a reusable set of sturdy, lockable wheels that will hold me until either I can get an ac9950 or I build my own. (I tried going by Woodcraft, to get the lifters shown by Kirsch in his post on http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...ht=mobile+base, but my local store is out of them and I have to be able to move the saw tomorrow.)

Comment

Does anyone have a AC9950 plus available at this time? I'm in SE Missouri. (Edited) I'm a Bozo!
      Last edited by ranchome; 06-16-2009, 08:18 PM.

Comment

what is an ac5001?
        there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
          what is an ac5001?
          Its the RIDGID Band Saw Rip Fence. ranchome, there really are much better BS fences to be had than this one. Kreg makes an excellent one as do quite a few others.
          ================================================== ====
          All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
            Its the RIDGID Band Saw Rip Fence. ranchome, there really are much better BS fences to be had than this one. Kreg makes an excellent one as do quite a few others.
            Thanks, Dave, I mixed up my part #'s. I actually meant the AC9950 plus Herc-u-lift. Had bandsaw fence on my mind.

Comment

ALL SOLD thanks.

I've got one of these I'll sell for $70+shipping.

ridgid ac9950 herc-u lift, or herculift, or herc-u-lift plus, new in the box, still sealed, never opened.

Email me for shipping cost estimate. Box is 9"x7"x24", ~30LBS, and will ship from 28211. Should be between $15 and $35 in the continental US, depending on how far you are from Charlotte, NC.

Thanks,

Daniel
              Attached Files
              Last edited by snorky18; 12-16-2011, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Looking for Ridgid AC9950 Herc-U-Lift Plus. I live in St. Charles, MO (just west of St. Louis). 314-537-1935. Thanks!

Comment

I need one of the herculift sets that you have for sale. If you still have at least one for sale, please call 817-233-2211.
                  Thanks.

Comment

As far as balancing the wheels, no need to drill holes. I know thats how the factory does and so on. But with the changing of tires and so forth, one may need to adjust that balance again. Just go to your local golf shop and ask for lead tape. Trust me if that tape can handle 120mph club head speed, with an impact, outside in the elements. It will for surely hold up on a bandsaw wheel. Did it to mine over a year ago and looks like the day i put it on. Plus you have unlimited adjustment and if you screw up just pull it off and try again. Easier than trying to put weight back into a hole.

Comment

Anyone have one of these for sale?

Comment

I have a Herc-u-Lift that came with the TS3650. *Not the Herc-u-Lift +* Never used. Just sitting in my shop.

https://plus.google.com/photos/11338...097?banner=pwa

$50 + Shipping. Any interest?

Comment

Originally posted by tsbarton View Post
                          I have a Herc-u-Lift that came with the TS3650. *Not the Herc-u-Lift +* Never used. Just sitting in my shop.

https://plus.google.com/photos/11338...097?banner=pwa

$50 + Shipping. Any interest?
                          Do you still have this? Email me rjm7759@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                          X