Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

New RIDGID 2.5 gallon aluminum compressor--$49 at HD!!!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New RIDGID 2.5 gallon aluminum compressor--$49 at HD!!!

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
    What is the marketing stragety is for this thing (if there is even one)

With the Home Depot SKU number in hand they can't seem to tell me if any are in stock or how much they are. Only when I found it myself and pointed to it did someone know it was there

What's worse?
    HD hiding these away from the consumers and not having a clue about what is taking up space on their shelves or Ridgid giving these compressors away at cost

I think I'll do what Aaron did and go back to buy the last 3

Put them up on Ebay in a few months. $99.00 + shipping
    Hey PC, I checked ebay and they have a couple up right now for right around $100 +shipping. Have you ever sold stuff on ebay? When I left my HD yesterday they had 6 left and nobody knew about them....I'm wondering if it's more trouble than it's worth though.

Eli
    A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

I mean, I bought 3 for what the retail value of 1 usually is. I think they're retailed at around $179.

I too had to wait around for the forklift, they didn't take too long though.

I would just like to know what happened as to why they got so cheap?
      Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Hey thanks for the info, I got mine too

The Home Depot in Morgan Hill, CA had 5 in stock, I thought about buying them all and selling them on Ebay but decided not to be greedy and let others enjoy this super deal

Great buy!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Whitey's View Post
          Hey thanks for the info, I got mine too

The Home Depot in Morgan Hill, CA had 5 in stock, I thought about buying them all and selling them on Ebay but decided not to be greedy and let others enjoy this super deal

Great buy!!!!!
          Yeah, me too. Share the wealth. Plus my girl would kill me first and ask questions later if I had 6 boxes sitting in our apartment when she got home!

Eli

However, if any forum members want me to pick one up for them just shoot me a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by woodenstickers View Post
            Hey PC, I checked ebay and they have a couple up right now for right around $100 +shipping. Have you ever sold stuff on ebay? When I left my HD yesterday they had 6 left and nobody knew about them....I'm wondering if it's more trouble than it's worth though.

Eli
            Yea, I've sold plenty of junk (I meant quality goods ) on Ebay. Other than a motorcycle I crated up, not many were heavy items like that compressor.

Shipping big boxes is sort of a PITA but look what this guy got on Ebay for his $50 investment His listing was up for only 2 hours!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/RIDGID-ALUMINUM-...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Wow. That is some good dough there. It's odd to me that people are paying that much when even before the markdown they were going for less than $180...I think in this case my laziness is going to win the day--the game is on soon after all and I got guacamole to eat.

Still, offer stands if anyone **needs** one around here.

Eli

Comment

Woodenstickers,

Thanks for the heads up on the compressor sale. I got in last night just before 9:00 pm and saw your post and SKU#. Ran down to my local HD (8:58 PM) and no compressors. Had to pick up my mother this morning early and on my way down (60 mile drive) I noticed that I had a HD receipt in my door pocket. Called the store and had them check all of San Diego. There was one left county wide. Maybe, fortunately for me, two things were going on. 1) Super Bowl Sunday and 2) it was raining cats and dogs which kept everybody in. I got there after visiting my mother and they had one on a pallet shrink wrapped with a couple of table saws. I scored the last one in the area I believe and it was $49.00 which with the tax equalled a HD store card that I had from yesterday when I returned 5 gallons of unused paint from a job we completed that day. I owe you one for posting the SKU# as I had it with me on the drive down. Thanks 'Stickers, appreciate the heads up.

Comment

No problem, I got the heads up in the other thread so I just wanted to make sure everyone here knew. My buddy just went to the HD where I got mine and they were all gone--my guess an enterprising ebayer.

Eli

Comment

i might not be 100 percent right but the reasons that they went to clearence is that they were a temporary/special buy for the xmas season...they remainded a normal item till about a week ago, then the price dropped to 49...got mine for 99 on sale a month ago kinda bummed they went down but its no biggie. im not sure it they are coming back in a different model or if they are gone for good.

brian

Comment

tu4ever,

If you're still within 30 days of your original purchase, HD will refund the difference on presentation of your receipt. (They have a 30-day price protection policy.)

I checked both the Corning area and the Binghamton area stores and neither has these. The guy at the Corning store remembers only having two of them and they were never featured as a Christmas item, as he recalls. He said he doesn't even remember seeing them until one showed up during inventory with a price marked down to $99.

The guy in Binghamton said they had only a few of them, but thinks they were only late arrivals for a one-time, in-store Christmas special. He recalls only seeing one or two sold with the last one going out the door last week.

Sorry I missed out, this was one helluva deal,

CWS

Comment

I've been watching this thread since it started and checking my three local HDs when I'm there, to no avail. COuldn't believe it when I was in the Poughkeepsie store this morning and saw this compressor on the shelf at eye level! Needless to say I hauled a-- to grab a cart and load it up!!! I checked high and low for others, but this is the only one I saw. This HD is in the process of a clearance sale, so there may be other compressors out there lurking on upper shelves out of eyesight.

Tim

Comment

Good find Pot

Used my compressor this morning. I giggle every time it comes on

My local HD had 2 trailers full of Ridgid tools show up yesterday maybe I'll head back there and see if any show up

Comment

and to think i was actually going to head over to the poughkeepsie HD yesterday morning, just because i hadn't been there in a while. any other interesting things for sale there?
                            there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
                              and to think i was actually going to head over to the poughkeepsie HD yesterday morning, just because i hadn't been there in a while. any other interesting things for sale there?
                              Not much in the way of tools, a few Ryobi odds and ends, leftover Tiawanese screwdriver sets, etc. from Black Friday, I did see a Ridgid 1/2" Impact gun for $149 and they have a bunch of broken chainsaws for $25 off??!!. They also have lots of cabinets and fixtures on clearance.

POtjm

Comment

woodenstickers: No problem, I got the heads up in the other thread so I just wanted to make sure everyone here knew. My buddy just went to the HD where I got mine and they were all gone--my guess an enterprising ebayer.

Eli,
                                Thanks for the update on the $49 compressor. It fills up quickly and was much quieter than my Porter Cable. I found the compressor today after work under a pile of 5 gallon Ridgid compressors. The tool guy was shocked that I had found an item that he had never seen before. I gave him a quick review of the compressor and then we ended up discussing the fate of the Ridgid 24V 3pc for $339. The HD tool guy stated that the 24V 3pc may not be stocked anymore because of the low demand at this particular store. FYI: The 24V drill+battery is actually quite light in weight versus any Ridgid drill+Nicad
                                Last edited by reConx; 03-05-2008, 01:20 AM. Reason: update

Comment

Working...
                                X