Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New RIDGID 2.5 gallon aluminum compressor--$49 at HD!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New RIDGID 2.5 gallon aluminum compressor--$49 at HD!!!

This was discussed in the original thread announcing this compressor, but I thought this deal deserved it's own thread so nobody misses out on this! I just bought one and even the cashier thought it was a mistake.

Get it while the gettin is good!

Eli
    A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Re: New RIDGID 2.5 gallon aluminum compressor--$49 at HD!!!

Thanks to this thread, I just picked mine up tonight for $49 at Home Depot as well.

Thanks.
    Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

IS this a sale price? its sunday the 2nd of Feb....thinking about bounceing over to HD....do I need to know a secret hand shake or anything?? HD web site shows its $299.

Comment

just called 2 HD..gguess it was a special...sold out..no rain checks...now Im bumed out

Comment

That's what happens when you stay in your hole all day only to come out to see your shadow

Comment

Every HD in the phoenix area is sold out...
            Had a salesperson check 20 of them....
            The ones where they show them in stock have any available already on hold...

Comment

I just checked with my local store and it's $299.00...What's up???

Comment

I'm not sure what's going on. When I called my local Home Depot he said he couldn't even find them in the computer. When I mentioned you guys(West Coasters) getting ahold of them, he brushed that off by saying that you guys are in a different buying zone or something of the sort.

He then told me another Home Depot near by had a 2.5 Gallon Ignersoll Rand for $49. I went to the Home Depot, and what do you know, there's the Ridgid 2.5 Gallon Aluminum Compressor. A store worker than ran the number, and it came up as $49. I bought one, and am thinking about going back for another.
                Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Whitey's- The compressor for $299 is the 5 Gallon one, and we're talking about the 2.5 Gallon compressor.
                  Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

What is the SKU# on that item?

Comment

I don't need one or have any idea what to use it for but I went out this morning and bought one anyways

The model # is OF25135A

The Home Depot SKU # is 670-549

Called my closest HD and of course they said: not a valid SKU...lies!!

I drive right past 2 closer Home Depots to a 3rd. that NOBODY goes to in Hybla Valley, Va. My instincts paid off. None on display near the compressors 3 isles over, above the lumber rack up high I spy 4 just hiding there

Tool guy says: "Dude, the Husky 1.5 gallon (on prominant display) is a way better buy" But I say: "I'm not your 'dude' and you're wrong, it's $100 bucks with 1 year warranty. Ridgid is $50 bucks with 3 year warranty"

20 minute wait to get a forklift to reach them

When I go to check out she looks at the box, looks back at the screen, looks back at the box and shakes her head no Picks up the phone and brings her manager over to approve the sale.

I run across the parking lot like I just stole this thing

Should of had a weapon and wearing a ski mask at this price
                      Last edited by plumberscrack; 02-03-2008, 12:24 PM.

Comment

I got one, my dad got one, and I got one for Ben(Gear Junkie) since they didn't have any near him.

Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

I tried a 50 mile radius around me. Zero in stock. I didn't really need another air compressor, but for $49 why not.

Comment

But see the problem is, well in my area atleast is they're not showing them in stock, when they have them.
                            Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

What is the marketing stragety is for this thing (if there is even one)

With the Home Depot SKU number in hand they can't seem to tell me if any are in stock or how much they are. Only when I found it myself and pointed to it did someone know it was there

What's worse?
                              HD hiding these away from the consumers and not having a clue about what is taking up space on their shelves or Ridgid giving these compressors away at cost

I think I'll do what Aaron did and go back to buy the last 3

Put them up on Ebay in a few months. $99.00 + shipping

Comment

Working...
                              X