X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RIDGID Ni-Cad Clearance

i have a couple of combo kits, some with max hc batts and some with 2.5ah batts. the 2.5s are heavier, but last longer and feel as though they provide more "oomph" to whichever cordless tool i happen to be using.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by reconx View Post
      FYI: The clearance price for the Ni-cads is great but the 3pc Ni-cad kit comes with two MaxHC batteries that are 1.9ah. They look similar and weigh as much as the Max 2.5ah in the 5pc Ni-cad.
      that is so stupid then, i wouldn't doubt you though, there isn't a 2.5 sign on the battery but HD has their advertising sign up as the 3 piece having 2.5ah batteries...

Comment

Deuce,
        I got my information from Ridgid:

Ridgid, 1) What is the difference between MaxHC and Max2.5 batteries? 2) What is the ah of the batteries supplied with my drill R84001? 3) I saw a new kit in Home Depot today: R86111. Which drill and what batteries are supplied?

1. Max HC = 2.0 Ah, Max 2.5 = 2.5 Ah.

2. 1.7 Ah.

3. R86111: R8411503 drill, with two 3.0 Ah Lithium Ion batteries.

Comment

FYI: The R9223 5pc Nicad kit might still be available in some stores because I found 4 kits near the contractor checkout at a HD in my area #1605. Unfortunately the tool guy said they were on hold for a customer.They have 2-3pc Nicad kits that are available.
          Last edited by reConx; 03-14-2008, 05:16 PM. Reason: update

Comment

I just purchased some new batteries here in Co at HD. they had 1 for 79 and 2 for 89. Is the blister packaging that expensive?
            ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

Originally posted by mtnman1100 View Post
              I just purchased some new batteries here in Co at HD. they had 1 for 79 and 2 for 89. Is the blister packaging that expensive?
              Not really but I always ondered why just about all the companies do that. A single battery is almost as always as expensive as a two pack if available.

B&D, Milwaukee and Ridgid all do it to name a few. I haven;t really look at to many others.
              Though I find it funny with B&D that they offer around 4 different versions of the same battery rangin from $24-40 each or $40 for a two pack or the "better" version a lot of it is the Firestorm/Lowes exclusive to blame it on, but it's actually cheaper to get it there.

Comment

first post... dont give up on the nicad clearance yet guys, i found a 8piece set yesterday. i got them to check the price, it wasnt in the system ... a manager let me have it for $99.

Comment

Working...
                X