18v drill/driver with 2 batts and charger $189
    14.4v drill/driver with 2 batts and charger $99
    12v drill/driver with 2 batts and charger $79
    9.6v piviot drill $47
    3 pc kit 199
    5 pc kit 399

Comment

Re: RIDGID Ni-Cad Clearance

The Ni-cad specials have suddenly reappeared at my HD after being sold out last month. I found two 3pc kits, one 5pc kit, 10 $99 Li kits, and a few 24V kits. I am not sure where they are coming from but I guess you got to keep looking....

Comment

wausau, central wi, we got 6 of the 3 piece 18 volt for $169, no 8 piece left, no 24v start kits...

like others said, the 3 piece 24volt and table saws are on sale...excellent price for the 3650 at $469!

Comment

Hadn't seen the Table saw on clearance here yet, but I will start looking for them. Maybe i can wait it out and they will go real cheap.

Comment

After years of juggling the timing on making sure batteries are fully drained prior to charging, then fully charged without interuption, blowing a gasket on apprentices when they unplug the charger or feeling like a babysitter when it's being charged...
            I'm all done with Nickel batteries.
            My next move is Li, I'm just waiting for either an incredible deal on the V28's or something thats 36 volt to hit the scene with a proven track record.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
              After years of juggling the timing on making sure batteries are fully drained prior to charging, then fully charged without interuption, blowing a gasket on apprentices when they unplug the charger or feeling like a babysitter when it's being charged...
              I'm all done with Nickel batteries.
              My next move is Li, I'm just waiting for either an incredible deal on the V28's or something thats 36 volt to hit the scene with a proven track record.
              the proven track record is going to be interesting to see...

so far it looks like ridgid's 24volt has been mostly hits, but there seems to be enough misses to get a guy to think twice...

Comment

Originally posted by DeuceLee View Post
                wausau, central wi, we got 6 of the 3 piece 18 volt for $169, no 8 piece left, no 24v start kits...

like others said, the 3 piece 24volt and table saws are on sale...excellent price for the 3650 at $469!
                Saw then last night at one store, they had a ton of 24V 3 pc kits, but no price on it. Even had a compact 1 bat drill still there tucked away on a different shelf. Almost like they didn't want anyone to buy it. The TS where marked down also. The 3650 seems like the best deal right now. I will be keeping my eye on it at the local stores.

Comment

Originally posted by tu4evr View Post
                  home depot in tulare, ca

9.6v piviot drill $47
                  3 pc kit 199
                  5 pc kit 399
                  Double check on the 5pc, I noticed 2 at a local store one shelf tag was marked 399 the other 299 same kit. Also I swore I saw 3pc kit for 129 or 139.

Also

Comment

Originally posted by tu4evr View Post
                    home depot in tulare, ca

9.6v piviot drill $47
                    3 pc kit 199
                    5 pc kit 399
                    Double check on the 5pc, I noticed 2 at a local store one shelf tag was marked 399 the other 299 same kit. Also I swore I saw 3pc kit for 129 or 139.

Also I saw they had the 2 pk 2.5 bat's for $89.97

Comment

Originally posted by Knary50 View Post

Also I saw they had the 2 pk 2.5 bat's for $89.97
                      a 3 piece kit for 139 would be a steal!!

Comment

the proven track record is going to be interesting to see...
                        YUP, and I just stick with the set of 18V Nicad until I see who the real winner is.
                        so far it looks like ridgid's 24volt has been mostly hits, but there seems to be enough misses to get a guy to think twice...
                        Having already watched what I think was the rise and fall of DeWalts 36v Li, I'm just observing each MFG pump out new products, then listening to feedback.
                        Anything new is always overpriced...after a year or so they come down to earth.
                        I almost bit on the DeWalt at $800 for the combo, glad I waited.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                          YUP, and I just stick with the set of 18V Nicad until I see who the real winner is.

Having already watched what I think was the rise and fall of DeWalts 36v Li, I'm just observing each MFG pump out new products, then listening to feedback.
                          Anything new is always overpriced...after a year or so they come down to earth.
                          I almost bit on the DeWalt at $800 for the combo, glad I waited.
                          sure is...i just picked up a set of the V28's for $460 and i think it'll be a keeper...it's got a 4.5 star average on amazon with 25 people giving their 2 cents...and with a free impact wrench and a regular price of $580, it's too good to pass up...

Comment

a 3 piece kit for 139 would be a steal!!
                            I stand corrected I saw them today at a different store it was $169 steal a good deal.

Comment

FYI: The clearance price for the Ni-cads is great but the 3pc Ni-cad kit include drill/driver R84015 with two MaxHC batteries that are 1.9ah. The batteries look similar and weigh as much as the Max 2.5ah in the 5pc Ni-cad which includes hammer drill R8411503.
                              Last edited by reConx; 03-01-2008, 03:37 PM. Reason: update

Comment

Working...
                              X