X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hatchet

FYI: Sawzall - The Hatchet® Reciprocating Saw is yellow tagged clearanced to $99 from $149. It has a 6 position flexible rear handle, 7.5 amp, quik-lok and orbital cutting action. Does anyone know why this might be clearanced out of HD? I like my 10 amp Sawzall and cordless Ridgid but if the price keeps dropping I may consider it.

Re: The Hatchet

not a big seller.

joey bough me the cordless version 6 years ago and it's still sitting on the shelf waiting for my dewalt cordless to die

the hatchet has a folding rear handle, but that's about it.

the porter cable has the real unique cutting position.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Rick, that can certainly explain HD's position on the sawzall especially if its not moving. It appears to be a very innovative and heavy duty tool. I posted it in the great deals section for member awareness of the potential for further price reductions that can suddenly boost a products demand to become greater than supply. Another positive note is the tool I examined was made in the USA (wow).

Comment

While the Hatchet may be handy, it's sure not the workhorse the full size Sawzall models are. Rick is correct about the special model by Porter-Cable being one handy power tool. For most cutting, I'm staying with a good tuff Milwaukee Sawzall. For the hard to reach places a mini hacksaw normally gets things done and with less damage than a power tool of any kind.

Just my 1/2 cent worth...

Part 2: I have a feeling Milwaukee will be coming out with new models all made over in China and made with slave labor. It was a very sad day when TTI took them over. No more real USA quality products.

Comment

Originally posted by reConx View Post
          I like my 10 amp Sawzall and cordless Ridgid but if the price keeps dropping I may consider it.
          FYI: If anyone is interested, the local HD has reduced the price to $59 to clear out the remaining HATCHETS

Comment

Working...
          X