X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowes did it again: PC 342 1/4 sheet for $27

Was troiling in Lowes last night, they have a PC342 on clearance for $32, street price is mid/hi $50. I did leave but walked back to the store & bought it with the 15% power tool discount, ended up $27 plus tax.

I found that Lowes tend to have more plasant surprise than HD. (My recent post was on a DeWalt 8.5" slider on clearance for just $215

Re: Lowes did it again: PC 342 1/4 sheet for $27

We really need to get a Lowes here.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

same her BD. in all of westchester county, NY there are 5 HDs and not one Lowes. nearest Lowes is 40 mins away.
      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
        same her BD. in all of westchester county, NY there are 5 HDs and not one Lowes. nearest Lowes is 40 mins away.
        It is really bad because pretty much every lowes is 40 mins away. The one in Orangeburg (Rockland) is 40 mins from me. The one in Poughkeepskie is 40 mins from me. The one in Danbury is 40 mins from me. The one on Long Island isn't 40 mins, but is only 60 mins from me. We have are basically ringed by Lowes, but none of them is convenient.

When I was living in Hartsdale before Mount Pleasant had a HD, it was pretty bad. The Yonkers and Rye HDs were 25 mins away. The Yonkers one had terrible service, and Rye had poor selection.

Comment

pardon my ignorance but what the heck is a PC342 ????????? some people don't have tools memorizes by their part number...other then TS3650 ofcourse lol thanks

Comment

Sorry .... Porter Cable 342, 1/4 sheet sander.

Originally posted by DeuceLee View Post
            pardon my ignorance but what the heck is a PC342 ????????? some people don't have tools memorizes by their part number...other then TS3650 ofcourse lol thanks

Comment

It seems that here in northeast NJ they build a Lowes within a 10 min drive from HD. HD must be catching on - they're building a new HD 10min from a Lowes. Even better they are both in a reduced sales tax zone.

Comment

Thanks for the alert. Picked up the last one at my local Lowes for $27 a couple of days ago. Checked another Lowes yesterday and they too had none left.

Comment

[quote=Wagon Man;132106]Was troiling in Lowes last night, they have a PC342 on clearance for $32, street price is mid/hi $50. I did leave but walked back to the store & bought it with the 15% power tool discount, ended up $27 plus tax.

I tapped into my Local Lowe's computer and confirmed that they had about 5 PC342 in stock on clearance for $24.98 (self-service?). I had to search the overhead rack to find item# 278316 (Porter Cable 1/4 sheet sander + case)
                  The computer is usually plus one so I guess there are at least 3 left at this Lowes
                  Last edited by reConx; 04-27-2008, 02:27 AM. Reason: update

Comment

Working...
                  X